Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S22+ Defective - All Speakers Seriously crackling after flight

Tonisamsung
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

If you use a device from Samsung's Galaxy S22 series, you might have to be prepared for creaking speakers on your next flight. This is because reports are surfacing on the web that Samsung's latest flagship does not handle pressure well.

No apparent permanent solution! 

Vodafone is fully aware of this issue and still selling phones!

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tonisamsung 

I've not come across this being raised on this forum or on the Samsung eu community forum I frequent unless I've missed them.

Do the speakers work ok in everyday use and this is restricted to while being on a flight ?

Vodafone will still sell phone's as this appears to be limited to being an issue while on a flight, which would I presume only affect a small % of owners and wouldn't initiate a recall or suspension of selling the models of the Samsung Galaxy s²² Series of phone's.

May I suggest that you send feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section too.

I'll keep an eye out for any similar posts here and on the other forum.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Yes @Tonisamsung 

There is a post about this problem on page 5 of the Samsung EU community here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-speaker-crackling/td-p/4906411 

There is also some further information available from the internet. From the sound of things this is a known bug and Samsung should be aware of the problem.

Hopefully, Samsung will get round to a fix for the problem.

BandOfBrothers

There has always been posts in regards to speakers for phone's however I haven't seen any specifically in connection to issues while on a flight which the Op is raising their concerns about. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

There has always been posts in regards to speakers for phone's however I haven't seen any specifically in connection to issues while on a flight which the Op is raising their concerns about. 

There is a posts on the linked thread page 5 and the problem is discussed on the remainder of the thread about speaker problems whilst on an flight which the OP is raising concerns about.  I would suggest you check for yourself.

@BandOfBrothers

The speaker problem is once you land and for a few hours after that, when you need the phone the most ie catching up on all your missed calls and calling a cab!

@Tonisamsung 

Oh yeah my bad there is 1 post in that thread  :Smiling:

Does the problem improve if you perform a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On  ?

Also please do send your feedback via your Samsung Members App so Samsung can get their relevant department to look at the issue you raise.

I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Unfortunately not as is it a hardware problem not software.

This seems like a-permanent problem with No fix 

AnnS

There are various fixes and comments available of the internet @Tonisamsung and the bug should be easily fixed.  As this is the latest flagship device from Samsung it will likely be a warranty case.  If you speak to Samsung Customer Services they will be able to advise further.

I am sorry but there is no permanent fix, the only fix is to open the SIM tray after landing which is not exactly practical!

Warranty is not the solution either as all Samsung S22 have this problem.