Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unhelpful webpage

K0065126
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am just about to join Vodafone from BT today and I received 4 texts this morning all suggesting I go to https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/set-up-your-phone-for-internet.

I am then told to choose a manufacturer and have several choices including doro, fairphone, imo and a few others of whom I have not heard, but nowhere does it mention OnePlus, which is my phone.

This is singularly unhelpful and I suggest that Vodafone should add all other major manufacturers.

Viv

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Vodafone don't sell OnePlus phones @K0065126 they wouldn't be able to offer support for a device they don't sell.

You are probably trying to set up your Android phone for internet.  If you refer to this page you will see how to manually enter the settings: Android APN settings Further information here: Getting Started 

If you visit this page, you would be able to get the same advise offered for supported devices:  OnePlus Support 

Thanks, at least that explains why some manufacturers I have never heard of are in the list and not OnePlus.

I will look at your suggestions later when the transfer has been completed.

Viv

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @K0065126 

There's always a workaround coupled with helpful members here  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I am happy to report that the transfer from BT went seamlessly. Well done Vodafone.

BandOfBrothers

That's fantastic news @K0065126 

All the best with using your Vodafone services and your phone of choice.

Take care.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate your viewpoint on this @K0065126 

It's reasonable for a person to want to use their own phone choice even if it wasn't supplied by Vodafone so not officially supported by Vodafone.

In my opinion Vodafone should warmly welcome all phone's and at least provide generalised support and apn info.

You can manually input the Vodafone Apn settings into the phone so mobile Internet works if that's what your after.

Sending WEB to 40127 sometimes works.

The Apns can be found via a Google search or in Vodafone's Device Configuration service. 

If you need any further information and support then Members are here to help you get to the information you need. :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >