main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Static IP - New thread

4: Newbie

I had a chat on Vodafone website shortly before 5PM today, and their representative asked me to make a call to 08080034515. I gave them a call at 5.08PM and after 22 minutes of waiting lady on the other side told me that it may take up to 24h to activate static IP on my home broadband. On 6.18PM I received a text that my static IP has been added to my Vodafone Business Broadband and I will see that on my bill. That confused me a bit, because I don't have Business line. However, at the same time they sent me my static IP address to my email, but it seems to be not assigned to my modem yet. I will check my next bill or bills just in case and let you know.

View more options

@horiz0n Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm glad to hear you've managed to get your Static IP confirmed.

Let us know how you get on and don't hesitate to pop back to us after the 24 hours, if you're unsure of anything at all. We'll be more than happy to forward your query to our Broadband team for further investigation. 

View more options
2: Seeker

So, its been a week since I completed and submitted the form, and I’ve heard nothing. Not even an acknowledgement it’s with them.

@tj or another VF Moderater - could you chase this up please.

thanks

View more options

You are not the only one. I have the Customer Relations team apparently chasing and monitoring my ‘order’ but still no static IP yet...

View more options
POH 2: Seeker

Hi @tj

I have just read this whole thread and really need a Static IP address urgently.

Please can the right person contact me asap.

Thanks

View more options
9: Established

Righty.

So here I am just getting a few bits & pieces sorted and suddenly I cannot log into my work computer.

Odd, nothing to indicate the system is down, I should have received notification.

Scratched heads, puzzled looks.....

My IP address has just changed.

Really Vodafone?

So, can somebody please tell me if I am actually on a static IP or not? Nobody suggested that I restart my router after my static address was apparently assigned some time ago.

So it is possible that I am only now on my static address - or, will this change again and I've simply been lied to?

Any information would bre greatly received.

View more options

Easiest way to find out is to reboot your router again. Although it does depend exactly how the static IP is allocated. 

Technically a static IP can mean you have one IP that never changes, or, you could have a static IP that is in addition to the IP automatically allocated to the router at connection, which continues to change. This additional IP would then need to be manually configured in the router separately.

Without having one one myself yet I can’t comment on how VF provision these static IP’s bit someone else that has theirs may be able to elaborate?

View more options

I had to restart my modem to get static IP which I've done on the same day they have sent me an email. Indeed nobody told me to do that. Static IP has revDNS set to static-a-b-c-d.vodafonexdsl.co.uk and of course stays the same after restart. I can't believe you guys still struggling with that. Why don't you follow the same way as I did? It took me about two hours to get static IP.

View more options

I tried. I’ve web chat, phoned, forum posted, excavated, phones again and still waiting...

View more options

As I said - I hadn't rebooted my router since being told my static IP address had been assigned. I know it would be possible for Vodafone to do everything at their end of things and I hadn't checked my IP address before being told I was "now on static".

So there is a good chance that it needed doing (would have been nice if that had been explained). I reboot of the router is something I'd rather not be doing, not a massive issue but don't like doing that unless I need to. In addition, there is no reason why I wouldn't get the same IP address back, even if I'm not on a static address.

Best test of course would be to switch router off for a couple of hours and then bring it back up - should confirm static.

I've updated everything I need to at work, so hopefully this address will be staying.

View more options

You don't have to shut it down for several hours, it just need reboot. I agree that they(Vodafone) can and should do this remotely or at least clearly explain to the customer that restart is needed. I don't think it is possible to turn existing dynamic IP to static one. The have another DHCP pool for static IP's (with revDNS).

View more options

I received my confirmation email... then until the IP renew process happens naturally over the course of a week or so... a reboot would be essential.

i have rebooted twice since , due to making local changes and still kept my same static IP.

View more options

If you just "reboot" your router there is a good change you'll get the same IP address even if you're not on a static setting.

Due to lease times there is nothing to stop you getting the same IP address constantly.

The only safe way to test would be to take the router down for an extended period of time - certainly longer than a reboot time. If you are then given the same IP address you can probably assume it is static.

I've switched my router off this morning and I'll switch it back on when I get home this evening - now if I get the same address I can probably safely assume it has been sorted.

View more options

Still no response to my form submission, nor anything from the Moderators to chase it up..... heading towards 2 weeks since I posted my issue on this thread, and about 6 months since the original Vodafone sales person told me that by switching to VF Home Broadband I could still have a static IP as I had with my previous provider..........

View more options

I'll be happy to chase this up for you @ben10001. When you contacted us we'll have sent you out a reference number - it'll look somehting like this [#1234567]. Let me know what this is and I'll contact our Broadband team for an update on your query.

@POH So we can get you a Static IP, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

HI

@TJ - I've never had a reference number sent to me??? Does this mean that the form didn't submit properly...Might explain why I've had no contact. If I try and re-raise can I use the code you sent me last time via Private Message?

View more options

Hi @TJ - I've re-submitted using the code and got a number this time - it's #18220049

thanks

View more options

Thanks for getting back to us @ben10001.

I can see that we've received your email and one of our team will be in touch with you as soon as they can.

View more options
3: Seeker

So I'm also in the same boat. I phoned the 0800 number and got a request for a static IP added to my line just over 2 weeks ago - I've chased a number of times, and each time I get told the order is still open on my account and it will be completed within 24 hours. Got a scheduled call back today and was told that because it wasn't a business account they would try their best to apply the static IP but it was "best endeavours" but no guarantee's and definitely no time scales despite what I was told/text in the past and the online T&C's. It's dissapointing how inconsistent Vodafone seem to be on something they advertise as a free addon for home customers.

Any chance one of the mods could follow this up for me and give the appropriate team a prod in the right direction?

View more options

I'm on business broadband and heard same thing :

"it will be active within 24h"

for 21 days now, so business broadband it was just thiers excuse

View more options