main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

vodafone home broadband slow internet

7: Helper

is this a vodaphone issues , if i ping bbc.com the ping come back very slow 166ms if i trace the route of the ping then the first four are ok but the fifth is really slow when it hits 95.2.28.222 turk telekom router issue2.jpg

View more options
13 REPLIES

@gipjon  Have you had a case raised to our Tech 2 team yet? Please let us know and we'll be more than happy to look in to this further. Joe

View more options

does any one know anything about cw.net

View more options

hi jo 

i would be more than happy for you to raise the bbc.com ping with any one who can tell us what it means , i and other on here would love to know about the issue 

View more options
13: Advanced Member

The reason for the slow ping is that your connection is being routed by Vodafone/C&W and it's bouncing around inside their own network a little!  At peak times their network goes crazy, so your example is not actually that bad.  When the network load is at it's highest, you might see your connection to bbc.co.uk routed via Hong Kong, Aukland, and San Fransisco!

I'd love to post a fresh example with a bit more detail, but for the last couple of nights it's actually been behaving itself here again. Currently we can get multiple 4K streams running simultaneously, not something we've managed for the last 3-4 weeks!

View more options

thought i would show my speed at 10pm at night for a vodaphone max 80-20 meg connection connect with lan , wifi turn off no other devices connection 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1547071531517779255

speedtest.jpg

View more options

I'm really sorry to see you're not getting the speeds you should be @gipjon and understand how frustrating these issues must be.

So we're able to take a look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

hi tj 

i did try and respond to your private message but when you click the link here the vodaphone web site go in to 404--error not found , can i add that to my list of issues , because of the extra slow speeds at night i normaly get ,"sorry the wedpage took to long to loads , i can read the message but dont seam to be able to do the form etc , so not sure if you can send me your email or i can try again in the daytime vodafone issue.jpg

View more options

That's very strange @gipjon, I'm sorry you've not been able to get in touch. Please try clearing your cache and cookies and attempt to send the form again. If you're still having problems, get back to me and I'll see if there's any alternative option for you to get in contact. 

View more options

resent but i had to wait until my internet speed went up be for it would let me view and send it , that's one of the issues i keep getting thats why some of the time the internet is unusable , your tech 2 had decided to tell me its a cable link issues and have been reported already as other users have also got the same issue , but bt has not given any time scale , so it could be a few months or 18 months depending if it due to be upgraded

View more options

thought i would upload the results from a phone as for the last few weeks at night time apart from 1 i did in the day to show the difference speedtest 12dec.jpg

View more options

@gipjon Thank you for the speedtests, once you've been contacted regarding this via the message you sent. One thing you may be asked to do is run the speedtests at various points during the day as a well. Please where possible run the tests one in the morning, afternoon and evening. this is so that we can show that there's an issue at peak times. Joe

View more options

my speeds in a morning are fine around 30mb download and 7.5mb up as soon as school is out my speeds start to drops and around 9pm-12 is the worse . last night i had about 8 meg download from 5pm till about 9am then dropped to about 4mb and about 11.30 pm started going back up but this i have been told is a cable link issues with no time scale to be fixed , which means it could be three months or it could be 12 months ,no one know as bt has not set a time scale .but to be fair on vodafone , you have said i can leave vodafone and go somewhere else but im not sure if this cable link issue is just on vodafone customers or maybe other networks to, but saying that i don't recall having the issue before i moved to vodafone 7 weeks ago. , what makes this worse is the facts that i got more than one issues , ip route to bbc.com etc 168ms ping via cw.net , which over the last few days seems to be sorted . The ping is now 18ms and now route through london server instead of bouncing around the cw.net ( cmd box type tracert bbc.com ) and my other issues is the vodafone router wont stay sync at my correct speed  this is sort of sorted im using a speedtouch tg589vac and i am currently sync at 33 mb with no issues as of yet the vodafone router gots flooded with fec corrections and the sync ends up being somewhere from 16-24mb , i suppose the big question i am facing is do i stay or do i go

View more options

Of course we'd hate to see you go @gipjon, but I completely understand your frustration. I know you've been in touch on multiple threads with various issues and apologise that we've not been able to help more. 

If you do decide to leave and have any questions at all about moving provider, please don't hesitate to ask. 

View more options