Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast Nightmare

dunky82
2: Seeker

I have had an absolute nightmare. I purchased Gigafast 900 ON 29/11/21 for the discounted price of £30 per month I received the confirmation e-mail stating installation on 10.01.22 etc all good or so I thought.

Having been on the phone and chat for 3 days now I am without internet having cancelled my previous broadband service and Vodafone are saying my purchase on the 29.11.2021 was not completed due to a technical error on their part and the price is now £60 per month. 

No one seems able to help or complete the original order etc just getting passed from person to person team to team. No resolution in sight. Does anyone have any idea how to proceed?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Firstly raise an official complaint and take it to CISAS if necessary. If CISAS find in your favour, they will award compensation. Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

If Vodafone are adamant that you can not get it for the previously agreed price (when I read your post my first thought was, blimey that's cheap) then find another supplier, but take it as lesson that if swapping technologies when moving don't cancel the previous supplier until the new one is up and running. The small extra cost is nothing compared to losing your broadband for a extended period.

I got it sorted, advisor named Sean managed to get it done today (Although 8+ said it was not possible) so £30 per month for 900 Gigafast + Vodafone together discount.

I will be logging a complaint but was advised by Sean to wait until I am "live" and seek compensation for the time invested etc and the fact it was supposed to be installed on 10.01.22 and is now going to be 28.01.22.

No other provider could match the price for the speed.

Luckily I have an understanding family who are going to allow me to use their BB and continue working till it is active.

Jayach

Well done Sean, and good advice not to raise the complaint until you are live. Don't want to upset the apple cart.

Yes Sean appeared very knowledgeable and had that certain quality that made you think he could get the issue resolved.

I don't want to speak to soon so will wait until everything is up and running but if you know of a way Sean could be recognised for his efforts? 

Jayach

Unfortunately don't know of a way to recognise Sean for his efforts, perhaps a Mod could suggest something?

If only Vodafone had a few more Sean's. (and working backend systems).

I had a similar situation although the call center operatives said if I call back in the new year it will still be £30 (it isnt). Now they are going through the process of listening to calls but I haven't heard anything back.

You'd think something like this they would just let go.

sywilkin

Post edited