Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet/Xbox

Dan2490
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Recently upgraded my internet from sky to Vodafone.

since changing my Xbox is now no longer picking up the Ethernet connection.

I have my Xbox plugged into a single Ethernet port upstairs, with the router being plugged into an open reach box in the living room,  the only thing I’ve noticed is that sky used the lan port on the router, whereas Vodafone uses the wan port for some reason? Any ideas guys?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Are you on FTTC or FTTP, and did you swap from one to the other when "upgrading"?

Can't quite follow your description of how the Xbox is connected, it should just be connected to a LAN port.

You might just be suffering the "Xbox not connecting from powersave", there is a whole long thread all about it.

I’m FTTP.

yeah I swapped from one to the other that’s right.

so the Xbox, was connected directly into a single Ethernet port In one room, which connects to the main open reach ports in the living room where the modem is located.

I have ran a super long Ethernet cable from the Xbox into a lan port on the router and that’s now working, I believe it’s the fact my sky router was plugged from a lan port into the open reach box, where as the Vodafone router requires me to plug from the wan port into the open reach box.