Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving to Vodafone from BT

Harryarcos
1: Seeker

REcently agreed a contract with Vodafone for Broadband and landline service at £23 a month, but this morning received a letter with a summary of monthly charges showing £26 a month. Emails are returned undelivered and trying to set up my account over the past few days returns “unexpected error” etc. ‘Chat online’ just hangs at “Loading, please wait”. Vodafone might be a little cheaper, but is it worth it?  I can pick up my phone and speak to BT on an 0800 number and even if I need to wait several minutes, it is not costing me anything except my time and I do eventually speak to a real person who speaks English, albeit with a Scottish accent!

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Harryarcos wrote:

Emails are returned undelivered and trying to set up my account over the past few days returns “unexpected error” etc. ‘Chat online’ just hangs at “Loading, please wait”. Vodafone might be a little cheaper, but is it worth it?  

And that's before you get to using their router, which seems woeful compared to that with BT.

I leave you to answer your own question.

Lee1976uk2
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I regret moving to vodafone from bt. Never had so many drop outs. The router is terrible.

THG3000-IPv6
4: Newbie

Looks like VF knows they luck in Customer Service and that's why they offer cheap deals on BB.

On the other hand BT/Sky got their act together and offer much better customer service,

therefore no offers or cheap deals ......

After ordering I got e-mail about login to my account, tried it, did not work and spend 41min

holding on the phone on Sunday morning 8am to finally speak to someone, being transferred

and told it would not work, until activated ..... but....

Sky offered me to stay for £26/m, deal via MSE with VF got me £15.63 so over the 2y period
(or until we get the local FTTP provider install full fibre) I am saving £124.44 for the sort of same,

connection to Internet at speed of 80/20 but without VF native IPv6 connectivity :Sad_face: