Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New device connected

d1ve5h
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi i have a Google Mesh network connected so have disabled the WIFI on the router to stop comflict. But on the vodophone app, i sometimes get a message stating something new has connected to my network? How can this be when the wifi has been diabled and no one has plugged anything directly to the hub? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If you still have the Vodafone router router providing the DHCP I would guess it simply means the DHCP has provided a new I.P. address. This is purely conjecture as I have no greater knowledge of the workings of the router than anyone else.

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Just speculating but I assume the Vodafone router will still be giving the Google Mesh an IP address through DHCP?
Assuming so it could be that the address is changing (which can happen from time to time) thus triggering a notification maybe?

hello yes the google router is connected to the vodofone hub. would ip address change very often?

Nabs

@d1ve5h wrote:

hello yes the google router is connected to the vodofone hub. would ip address change very often?

It really depends on the configuration fo the DHCP server. Some might be set to refresh addresses every few days, others might be months, I honestly couldn't say for the Vodafone router. 
There should be an option somewhere in the Vodafone router to set a static address for the Google router. I don't have access to one and unfortunately can't find a step by step, hopefully one of the other forum users will be able to assist with that though

Cynric

<Removed>

Jayach

@Cynric wrote:

The THG3000 can only have DHCPv4 "on" or "off". No static or reserved IPs.

Rubbish! See attached photo. Firmware 19.2.0203-3261005 but I doubt it's been removed, Don't know why my router won't update it's firmware.

Edit: Sorry attached wrong photo. Now correct.

static IP.jpg