Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Work laptop disconnects but other devices in household do not

just_72
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have been with Vodafone Broadband since the beginning of September 2024 and after 4 weeks of working as expected my work laptop randomly decided to disconnect despite other devices in the household (other laptops, iPhones, TVs, Firestick) remaining connected. When this happened the laptop displayed ‘No internet, Secured’ under the network name. 
I moved over to a cable connection and switched compatibility mode on and everything worked for a few days then the laptop decided to disconnect from this connection. Again, as before, every other device remains connected. 
My only workaround is to literally toggle compatibility mode on and off in the app to eventually re-establish a connection (can take up to an hour) or use my mobile phone hotspot both of which are not ideal. 
From reading the forum I can see others have had the same issue but I cannot see a solution. Any ideas? 
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@just_72  Talk to your work IT support. If nothing else at home is disconnecting then it's likely to be the laptop. As the laptop is a company one they may have settings that you cannot change. It's common practice for corporate devices connected to the company network to receive a settings file as part of the logon which will update configuration of the registry. I worked in an environment where any attempt to alter the company settings would be considered as disciplinary matter.

Hi and thanks for your reply. 
I have a call with IT booked for later today as I am convinced it is the laptop also. On a previous call with them (back in August) they told me it was a network issue hence why I’m now with VB… same issue, different provider and the laptop is the common denominator.