Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Extremely low internet speed from 5 pm to 12 am, every day for last 5 days

2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So. I woke up for the past week, used my PC as normal, everything was fine. Then, as it got closer to peak time the speed kept dropping more and more until it hit the rock bottom. And this has been happening for past 5 days,  my lowest recorded today was 0.04 mbps down. My usual, regular speed is bad enough already - around 10-12 mbps down and below 1 mbps up. I've contacted vodafone support and all I got told is that they will have "checks running for the next 24 hours and it should improve", they have "installed a firmware update which should improve my speeds in the next 24 hours" and that I should connect my router to the test socket instead of the mastersocket. And I have already done so MONTHS ago as I've had the same issue! Not sure what to do, switching provider might work but I don't really want to go through this process. Does it get better, did anyone else face this issue? 

1 REPLY 1

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

VF have sold more capacity to consumers than they have purchased from BT OpenReach, this is "line contention".

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/broadband/what-is-contention-ratio