Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R228t 2.4 to 5 ghz not accepting wifi password

Arsonweary
2: Seeker

In an attempt to boost signal to tv box l have changed settings from 2.4 to 5 ghz.  To complete this process the WiFi password is required. This field was automatically completed by the settings page itself, correctly, yet when tapping "done" the password is rejected as invalid.  I can no longer get into the settings page and am locked out.  The only way out of this would appear to be a factory reset which would get me back where l started. How do l successfully change to 5ghz and have the WiFi password accepted.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Charlotte

Hello, @Arsonweary. I hope you're well. I understand that you're having some trouble managing your service using the web interface, due to issues with your password. As a default, the password is set as admin, but if you're no longer able to login, you would need to factory reset the device to restore all the default settings, including the original password. 

Thanks for getting back to me but I think you have missed my point.  I knew a factory reset was likely but that would just get me back to where I started, attempting to change from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz.

I have now factory reset the R228t and attempted to connect. I expected the reset to have included reverting to 2.4 ghz but it is still coming up as 5 ghz and failing to connect with original WiFi password.

Q1, how do I get the R228t working again having reset?

Q2, how do I change settings to 5 ghz without repeating theses issues?

Thanks

If you've now reset the device, you can follow this device guide for getting set back up again, @Arsonweary. It isn't your exact model of mobile broadband, as we don't have a device guide for the R228t, but the steps should still be the same.  You can also view the quick start guide here

Now that you have reset the device, you should be able to put in the default passphrase to change the Wi-Fi settings instead of it being rejected, as resetting usually flushes out the issue. You can view a device guide here on adjusting the settings, along with other guides on managing the mobile broadband connection. 

If you're still having problems with it being rejected it may indicate that there's a deeper issue with the service, as you shouldn't need to run through troubleshooting steps each time to change the settings between 2.4GHz and 5GHz. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Arsonweary , To add to the information from @Charlotte , try taking the SIM out of the device and placing it in a phone, you should be able to access data using the 4G network and access hotspot with other devices. 

Other than that my suggestion would be to take the device into a store and let them take a look, if the device is faulty, they will be in a position to advise further.

Arsonweary

Hi

Sorry, but we are getting nowhere. I have reset device again but this doesn't seem to be working as it is still being recognised as 5 ghz, not reset to 2.4ghz and will not connect using original password therefore I am unable to follow any of your instructions as they need an Internet connection. 

Thanks

I'm sorry that it's still not working for you, @Arsonweary. I'd recommend either calling up on 03333 040 191 or messaging us, so that our Technical Team can take a deeper look into this for you.