Welcome to Vodafone Community
My home network runs uses a Voda 4g data sim in an industrial 4g router, attached to two 1.5m directional 4g aerials in the loft pointing at the local Voda mast 2km away.
But I get widely varying speeds of between 17Meg and 0.5 Meg.
This variation isn't caused by me.....my loft tends to remain fairly static!
The speed variation doesn't correlate to the weather. My router is set to auto reboot every day.
Therefore this has to be a Vodafone issue.
I think it's because at busy times of day the network is overloaded, or being actively throttled.
Possibly mast congestion @markdransfield assuming there is no issues with hardware ?
If you wish please use the template in Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template and re post it here in your thread. The team can then take a look and pass this onto the Networking Team if deemed necessary.
The Status-checker should help to rule out mast issues although it wouldn't show mast congestion.
Vodafone state what they are currently doing here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network
🌈 Stay Safe 🌈
Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.
Samsung One Ui 2.1 / Android 10.
Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Buds.
Post Title: Tn12 - Marden (Kent)
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? Yes. If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? House foundations make this difficult
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes (I've tried it in another 4g router)
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Speeds vary from 17Meg down to 0.5Meg
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 4G
6) When did you first notice this issue? Always been like this
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? it varies hour by hour, but it tends to be fastest before 9am, and then at random times during the day. If it's running slow, the speed will increase without needing to turn-it-on-and-off-again.
....the template didn't ask for the mast.
The mast is the main mast by Marden station, at this what3words location: ///diet.ultra.envisage
Thanks for getting back to us with your results @markdransfield. I've taken a look at the postcode you've provided in your profile and can see your 4G does look to be patchy.
Your site (30686) is performing correctly without any known errors or issues. This and with you saying this has been a permanent issue, suggests this is due to general coverage rather than a network fault.
We're always working to improve our coverage across the UK to help with keeping everyone connected. Any planned improvements in the future will show on our network status checker.
Thanks for your reply.
It's permanent in the sense that the variable speed is ongoing. It wasn't just last week egged there was a storm etc.
Because it goes from fast to slow to fast etc. without any intervention (reboot, weather, moving the house, etc), the variation must be in the Vodafone network.