main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

5g

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi I have just got the iPhone 12 pro and have traveled across the city of stoke on Trent in and out of 5g areas but my phone has not once connected to 5g tried customer service 3 times and over 3 hrs on the phone and all I got was all ok there end and mine. Can anyone help me ??

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Can you check that you are indeed in a 5G area using the Vodafone status-checker. 

Also a person need to be pretty close to a 5G module. 5G is still very much in it's infancy with 5G meaning faster large file downloads.

It may also be worth just checking that 5G is selected in any relevant Network Connection settings in the iPhone @Chris021051 

From From @PedroC1999 "Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal. They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

All settings were turned on on my iPhone and I was in what the coverage checker said was strong 5g areas but not even a flicker on a connection to 5g 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

So at least you know your iPhone's settings are correct and your account is set up.

Now it's a case of being quite close to a 5G module in a 5G area and that conditions i.e weather etc are good @Chris021051 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
15: Advanced member

The vodafone coverager maps (at least in my area) seem to be showing 5G where there is none. The local mast I'm on has no 5G but there's a big red square around it on the coverage map saying there is. Vodafone tech support just blame my handset and say 5G is fine. I can pick up 5G if I wander around from one mast that is working just nothing from the one I connect to when at home.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Chris021051 

I know how eager you must be to get that 5G connection! If you could pop our Social Media Team a message with the postcode you've been trying to get a  connection in, along with your phone make and model, they'll be happy to try and help you connect to 5G. Be sure to copy the post into the message, you can find out how to contact are Social Media Team here

Let us know how it goes!

View more options
Highlighted

@Chris021051  I assume it does say 5G under your plan details in My Vodafone?

I had problems with mine and had to get my number reprovisioned which involved being disconnected and reconnected. It's easier on an Android phone though to check if that's needed.

View more options
Highlighted

Eventually after 3 hrs worth of phone calls. Some body from Vodafone on Twitter found out the exact same thing I had to have my number taken off the network and put back on took about 30 minutes and when it was done 5g was all sorted on my phone .

View more options
Highlighted

Well that's good news then! 😀

View more options