main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Voice/2G signal very bad where I live - Binsted, Hants. How to improve?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi There,

The Vodafone voice/2G signal for phone calls is v bad where I live. The Vodafone Network Status Map shows "good indoors & outdoors" but in actuality, it is not. I can only make/receive calls with usable connection from one room, upstairs, next to the window, on one side of my house. The signal, outside, even on that side of my house is minimal.

Post code GU34 4PF

Please help!

Cheers, Paul

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Is Calling Over WiFi available on your tariff and phone @AllOpsBusyNow 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams can take a look at your area if you fill out the Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Also although the Vodafone Sure Signal is discontinued a person can buy them from selling sites although make sure they are active and fully de registered.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks B-O-B.

I am indeed planning to set up WiFi.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the template, I wasn't aware of it.

With regards to you suggestion on SureCall, would I need to know the location of my local 2G masts, in order to "aim" the SureCall device at it?

Cheers, Paul

View more options
Highlighted

Herewith your template. Location GU34

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Occurs from the north side of my south, southwards. Inside and outside.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

GU34 4PF

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes. Also my wife uses Vodafone and experiences the same problem.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

I experience lost calls and v bad connection. Phone shows 1 bar to No Service in the areas described above. I can only get a useable 2G signal by the window, in one room, upstairs at the north side of the house. Occasionly in this position, I can get a surge of 2 bars.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

It is for voice calls which I believe are 2G. 3G/4G is ok.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

More than a year. We are now fed up with rushing upstairs when we reason a call on the mobile.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

The issue of poor 2G as I have described is permanent.

View more options