Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Keynote Tonight

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

It's that time of year again when Apple announces the latest iteration of iPhone and other devices. Will anyone be watching the keynote tonight? Does anyone care? Who plans to get a new phone or watch?

I for one will watch the keynote address and will decide afterwards whether to change my phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

13 REPLIES 13

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm not an Apple user, but I'm still always interested to see what they've come up with this time; so I might be checking it out 👍

Also good information for passing on to customers!

Nabs

It's always annoying half way through my commute. I'll catch up on the news after but as i'm not an Apple user i'll give purchasing any announced devices a miss.

jeffkinn
Come on Nabs – come over to the dark side. It’s your destiny!!!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

I'm always interested to see what new innovation they borrow off Android and the jail breaking community and add to their own.  :Winking_smiley:

I'm expecting some form of 'lite' and full version of two iPhones this time around. 

Yes I'll be watching :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I'm always interested to see what new innovation they borrow off Android and the jail breaking community and add to their own.  :Winking_smiley:

I'm expecting some form of 'lite' and full version of two iPhones this time around. 

Yes I'll be watching :Smiling: 

They all borrow from one another. The difference is that Apple usually makes it work properly.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thats questionable. Before I got rid of my iPhone 8 Plus it crashed on certain apps, slow and laggy and even had trouble when pressing on certain areas of the screen, not to mention the fingerprint on the home button was constantly not working.  Before that I had an iPhone 6s Plus that the battery drained from full to 20% to dead in cold conditions within minutes and on certain apps would turn on and off. Only your normal apps like social media and in built apps as-well. I really don't see how people can be so defensive about apple products. I'm speaking from experience. I've had iPhones since the 5c and there is always problems. The only thing I admired about them is the beauty of logging into iCloud and having your photos there and then, and apple music. But there are ways around those, and icloud used to reject my password all the time even after just changing it. It would constantly say its incorrect and finally after a long time it would accept it. Also its so much easier to use android and add downloaded music onto it, and it doesnt cost £9.99. Just my personal opinion :Smiling: 

jeffkinn
Not defensive at all on my part. I’ve had plenty of Android products in the past and use Google apps on my iPhone extensively including Google Photos. I’ve never experienced any of the problems you describe on any iPhone I’ve had. But Samsung launches loads of phones and there seems to be little difference between them. It’s just the way the industry works now – evolutionary and not revolutionary.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Due to upgrade  in January got a iPhone 6 at the moment so might get a new model iPhone will see but phones do look good :Smiling:

iPhone 13 pro sierra blue 128 GB  :Smiling:

@beightonguru wrote:

Thats questionable. Before I got rid of my iPhone 8 Plus it crashed on certain apps, slow and laggy and even had trouble when pressing on certain areas of the screen, not to mention the fingerprint on the home button was constantly not working.  Before that I had an iPhone 6s Plus that the battery drained from full to 20% to dead in cold conditions within minutes and on certain apps would turn on and off. Only your normal apps like social media and in built apps as-well. I really don't see how people can be so defensive about apple products. I'm speaking from experience. I've had iPhones since the 5c and there is always problems. The only thing I admired about them is the beauty of logging into iCloud and having your photos there and then, and apple music. But there are ways around those, and icloud used to reject my password all the time even after just changing it. It would constantly say its incorrect and finally after a long time it would accept it. Also its so much easier to use android and add downloaded music onto it, and it doesnt cost £9.99. Just my personal opinion :Smiling: 

I've been using iPhones from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 6 Plus and to be fair to iOS and hardware the issues have been few. 

The iPhone 4 had the issue with signal if your fingers touched both antennas. I remember Apple CEO saying your holding it wrong. Lol. 

The iPhone 6 Plus had iOS issues which caused instability and Apple advised me to turn off various features which didn't impress me at all. Wi-Fi had issues too. 

As you say things just worked well as as how one idevice handed over from one to the other etc.

Customer services and support is the best which all the others strive to match. That said Apple should imo apply a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty and not 12 months. My personal opinion. 

IOS does have jank and frame rate drops but so does android. 

So for me as I've mentioned earlier I'm no longer a fan of how Apple sandbox their hardware and software which yes gives strong security but doesn't allow enough customisation for me. 

Jailbreaking helped but that brought it's pro's and con's. 

Each to their own.   :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.