Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Keynote Tonight

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

It's that time of year again when Apple announces the latest iteration of iPhone and other devices. Will anyone be watching the keynote tonight? Does anyone care? Who plans to get a new phone or watch?

I for one will watch the keynote address and will decide afterwards whether to change my phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers

@jeffkinn wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

I'm always interested to see what new innovation they borrow off Android and the jail breaking community and add to their own.  :Winking_smiley:

I'm expecting some form of 'lite' and full version of two iPhones this time around. 

Yes I'll be watching :Smiling: 

They all borrow from one another. The difference is that Apple usually makes it work properly.

Hi Jeff.

I agree with you that Apple products - they just work and are familiar to people picking them up to use as there all mostly the same ui etc. 

I'm just not a fan now of how Apple sandbox their hardware and software that's all. 

The customisation and some of the features on my Samsung Note 9 I wouldn't want to lose. 

I'm just glad Samsung elect not to 'borrow' the Notch. - personal preference !   :Winking_smiley:

It's great watching Apple chest beat about percentages in the market place and this is the "best yet" ever iPhone line up. 

As ever sales will rocket as people either trust the product to just work and work well, or are happy to have the Apple Logo.

Whichever I'm sure as per every iPhone launch has gone supply will be lacking and pre order issues will ensue. 

A bit like how Samsung's Note 9 512Gb variant hit supply and demand issues - to add balance.  :Winking_smiley:

In the end if we all liked the same it would be a boring stagnant sector. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

@jeffkinn wrote:
Come on Nabs – come over to the dark side. It’s your destiny!!!

I must admit I have come over to the dark side @jeffkinn and really like my iphone 8, just got it in June so wont be changing for a while yet !

beightonguru
6: Helper
6: Helper

To be honest, I don't really care as I feel like they just release them for the sake of it and don't take the time to actually add anything of value, especially for the price they charge. Its always just a new colour, or a bigger / smaller screen. There's odd bits of difference but nothing major to warrant people wanting to go for it yet people flock and go crazy for it. Like 'omg a new iPhone i must have it!' even those people who currently have a iPhone X, they will still feel the need to change to the new model. I'm a bit miffed about it all! I used to to be an iPhone user until I too noticed that its all profit and churning out phone after phone without adding anything innovative. 

jeffkinn

@beightonguru wrote:

To be honest, I don't really care as I feel like they just release them for the sake of it and don't take the time to actually add anything of value, especially for the price they charge. Its always just a new colour, or a bigger / smaller screen. There's odd bits of difference but nothing major to warrant people wanting to go for it yet people flock and go crazy for it. Like 'omg a new iPhone i must have it!' even those people who currently have a iPhone X, they will still feel the need to change to the new model. I'm a bit miffed about it all! I used to to be an iPhone user until I too noticed that its all profit and churning out phone after phone without adding anything innovative. 

Isn't that true of Samsung as well? 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png