main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

How to get official pics from McLaren Tech Centre on 4th sept

Not applicable
I was lucky enough to go as a guest to the McLaren Technology Centre on 4th sept. (I've now since signed up to VIP myself!)

Offical pics of all the attendees with Lewis were taken from above, along with individual shots of us by his championship winning car. Neither photographer knew how we would be able to get hold of a copy. Does anyone at Vodafone know how to get these pictures?

I was also fortunate to be on the winning team of the 'pitstop challenge' with a time of 3.45seconds and received a signed Lewis shirt. So thanks to Vodafone and McLaren for this amazing prize and a fantastic morning.
View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Moderator (Retired)
Hi JAM35F

Welcome to the eForum! Hope you stick around!

I was also at the McLaren Technology Centre on Saturday! :) Lewis was amazing what an entrance don't you agree?

You'll be sent an email with a link to the pictures, which will be available on our official Facebook page here be sure to tag yourself :).

Sukhi
eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable
Yeah now I've seen the benefits and had a look around the forums I'll definately stick around.

As I wasn't the primary guest I assume I won't get the email about the pics? Will my friend get the link then?

Great entrance by Lewis, he came across as a really nice guy. He must have to do lots of meet and greet the fans days but he seemed quite happy to be there and happy to chat away casually and have a bit of a joke with us all.

Also have so much respect for the pit guys at a grand prix, I felt the pressure and we were only changing one wheel for fun! Though from now on if a team is slower than 3.45 seconds I'll be watching smugly thinking "we were faster than that!"
View more options
Moderator (Retired)
Hi JAM35F
Oops I missed read your post :blink: yes It'll be your friend that will get the email, however you can still keep an eye on the Facebook page :D.

Yes he was lovely I managed to get him sign my pass :).

3.45 seconds that's ace well done you! the size of the wheel put me off having a go :).

Sukhi
eForum Team

View more options
Not applicable

I was lucky enough to go as a guest to the McLaren Technology Centre on 4th sept. (I've now since signed up to VIP myself!)

Offical pics of all the attendees with Lewis were taken from above, along with individual shots of us by his championship winning car. Neither photographer knew how we would be able to get hold of a copy. Does anyone at Vodafone know how to get these pictures?

I was also fortunate to be on the winning team of the 'pitstop challenge' with a time of 3.45seconds and received a signed Lewis shirt. So thanks to Vodafone and McLaren for this amazing prize and a fantastic morning.
View more options
Not applicable
Hi Jam35f,

I was also there on Saturday, and had a really good time.

There are a couple of photos taken by the official photographer on Twitter. Google "Twitter Fifth Driver"
There is an overhead shot and I managed to find myself and my son on it, and there is also a photo of one of the pitstop challenges.

Well done Vodaphone for a memorable day.
View more options
Not applicable

Hi Jam35f,

I was also there on Saturday, and had a really good time.

There are a couple of photos taken by the official photographer on Twitter. Google "Twitter Fifth Driver"
There is an overhead shot and I managed to find myself and my son on it, and there is also a photo of one of the pitstop challenges.

Well done Vodaphone for a memorable day.

thanks for the Twitter link... That's me in the pitstop challenge!!!! the guy in the grey tshirt with red edged sleeves!! Thanks so much. At least they took a pic of the winning team!!!
View more options
Not applicable

Hi JAM35F
Oops I missed read your post :blink: yes It'll be your friend that will get the email, however you can still keep an eye on the Facebook page :D.

Yes he was lovely I managed to get him sign my pass :).

3.45 seconds that's ace well done you! the size of the wheel put me off having a go :).

Sukhi
eForum Team

the wheels were actually really light, was surprised. First time we did was 20+ seconds as I knocked the nut off the gun as I pulled the tyre off so we wre shocked with our final time, actually even the organisers were shocked too!

Lucky you to get your pass signed in person, we were near the back of the big group unfortunately. But my signed shirt will soon be framed and treasured.
View more options