Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to restrict youtube using SecureNet on Mobile

techdialectic
2: Seeker

Hello Everyone,

I've noticed my children frequently using YouTube Shorts. Despite my efforts to block all Google URLs on Securent Portal (using a list found online), they are still able to access it through the YouTube app, Chrome, or Safari browsers. Could someone advise on how to limit access to YouTube and TikTok via Securent?

At home, I utilize a content management system for broadband which enables such restrictions, but unfortunately, this doesn't apply to their mobile phones when they are using Vodafone's mobile data.

2 REPLIES 2

joesm
4: Newbie

To address this, consider exploring parental control apps or features offered by Vodafone for mobile data usage. Many mobile service providers offer parental control options that allow you to filter or block specific content.

hamidch

To stop your kids from watching too much YouTube and TikTok on their phones using SecureNet, try using apps like Google Family Link or other parental controls that work with SecureNet. These apps let you decide which apps and content your kids can use. Also, check the settings in the YouTube app itself for more control options. Remember, the restrictions you set up at home might not work on Vodafone's mobile data, so use these mobile-friendly solutions instead.