Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Kids - Community Champion

drey_p
16: Advanced member

For all those who knew @Kids, it is with sadness that I write this post to inform you that he passed away in the latter part of 2016.  

From my interactions with him, I can only speak highly of @Kids as he was such a lovely, caring gentleman.  He helped many, many users on the Vodafone Forum but his love of helping people wasn't just limited to that.  As some of you are aware @Kids used to spend a lot of time in Thailand.  The reason for this is that he was touched by the plight of the street kids in Pattaya and in 1999 set up a charity to help them.... hence his username on here: "Kids".  As the Treasurer of the charity, he was instrumental in helping it raise over £100,000 which is a heck of a lot of money in Thailand.

He will be sorely missed on here, particularly in the Apple section which was his favourite bit of the forum.  Here's to you @Kids - you may be gone but your hard work will live on here and at the Slum-Kids charity in Thailand. 

PWIAC

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I knew him a short while and enjoyed our discussions mostly surrounding Apple Products. 

A gentleman and a credit both to the forum and to the fantastic work he carried out in Thailand and the children there he helped and supported.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I couldn't agree more.  And I think it is only fair that we recognise him and what he did.  Hopefully other members of the community will chip in with their memories of Kids.

PWIAC

63johnw
Very sad news about a kind, caring person.

AnnS

A kind and generous man who helped so many people on this forum.

Getafix

That is really sad.

Was always helpful. Will miss him.

Getafix

Nice Obituary on his Home Page. (Home page link in @kids profile)