main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Off topic

Kids - Community Champion

16: Advanced member

For all those who knew @Kids, it is with sadness that I write this post to inform you that he passed away in the latter part of 2016.  

From my interactions with him, I can only speak highly of @Kids as he was such a lovely, caring gentleman.  He helped many, many users on the Vodafone Forum but his love of helping people wasn't just limited to that.  As some of you are aware @Kids used to spend a lot of time in Thailand.  The reason for this is that he was touched by the plight of the street kids in Pattaya and in 1999 set up a charity to help them.... hence his username on here: "Kids".  As the Treasurer of the charity, he was instrumental in helping it raise over £100,000 which is a heck of a lot of money in Thailand.

He will be sorely missed on here, particularly in the Apple section which was his favourite bit of the forum.  Here's to you @Kids - you may be gone but your hard work will live on here and at the Slum-Kids charity in Thailand. 

PWIAC

View more options
6 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

I knew him a short while and enjoyed our discussions mostly surrounding Apple Products. 

A gentleman and a credit both to the forum and to the fantastic work he carried out in Thailand and the children there he helped and supported.  

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

I couldn't agree more.  And I think it is only fair that we recognise him and what he did.  Hopefully other members of the community will chip in with their memories of Kids.

PWIAC

View more options
Very sad news about a kind, caring person.
View more options

A kind and generous man who helped so many people on this forum.

View more options

That is really sad.

Was always helpful. Will miss him.

View more options
Highlighted

Nice Obituary on his Home Page. (Home page link in @kids profile)

View more options