Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Points scam?

Michellemabelle
2: Seeker

Today I received a text message claiming that my Vodafone points would expire in three days. I clicked on the link they gave me: https://vodafone.coruks.buzz/search

and it had options such as an air fryer and earbuds. It was a bit suspicious, so I thought I'd ask here. I used the look up took and found that the number was not one of the Vodafone numbers, but I would just like to make sure. There was also a spelling mistake in the text, which also furthers my suspicion. 

1000029433.png

24 REPLIES 24

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Oddly I received what sounds like the identical text on my Vodafone Mobile but allegedly from EE.  Logged directly into my BT & EE accounts (never follow the links) just to confirm it was a scam.  I then had headers on the text to report as a scam to Google, which I did.

si458

weirdly enough ive just had the same today, however i WAS with vodafone, til about 4 months ago, then switched to VOXI
(i know its still vodafone), i did question it for a minute as i remember the 'very me rewards', but havent clicked link.
also it comes through as an RCS chat message, so the other person at the other end has an android haha

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Michellemabelle and @si458 - thanks for reaching out to us about these messages. They are scam messages. For more information, please see here

If we have clicked the message what do we do? i was in the middle something wondered what it was and didnt realise was a spam message

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @clairew99 - if you've just clicked on the link then you don't need to do anything. If it is that you've entered any bank details, then please contact your bank. 

Can this be passed to the call handlers on 191 as the guy I spoke to had no idea telling me it was legitimate, thankfully I googled it and found this chat 

Hello, @Wooders1435. I hope you're well. This has been communicated across Vodafone, so I'm sorry that you weren't given the correct information on the scam when you spoke with us over the phone. Your feedback is appreciated, as we need to ensure that we're delivering the correct advice and information to our customers. 

same here, i had text to, last week

bobsmithtc
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I got the same text but unfortunately I clicked on the link and then I clicked on several links on the website. A form loaded but thankfully I didn't enter any information. Is there a risk that some malware could have been installed?

Thank you