main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband Cooling Off Period Few Questions

2: Seeker

Hi, 
My 30 days cooling off period ends in 7 days. I would like to cancel my contract.
Looks like best way is to place new order with other ISP today.
Can you please confirm YES/NO 
1. I do NOT have to contact Vodafone about cancellation (as they get notice from new ISP)
2. Service will be transfered without interruption (even after 30th day cooling off period). I dont want to end up without internet on Christmass ..

3. I will not be charged early termination fees this way

Thank you for any help 

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

The info your asking for is in > What-do-I-do-if-I-ve-changed-my-mind-and-want-to-cancel-my-Vodafone-Broadband-order.

Regarding any gap in service is down to your new ISP and how they handle the switch. 

Ask Vodafone for Returns Bag to send the router back. You can't take this to a Vodafone Highstreet Store unfortunately. 

If.you cancel within the 30 day cooling off period then their will be no early termination fee however make sure you contact Vodafone personally and not to rely on your new ISP to switch in time. 

Vodafone need you to pass security checks to cancel. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

So on 12th December I placed order with BT (activation date 28.12.2018). My Cooling off period with Vodafone ends tonight.
Ive been calling to Vodafone twice to confirm migration request and CS saying they havent received nothing from BT. 
From previus threads it seems like new ISP cannot give activation date without Vodafone being noticed and accepting it. 

My experience feels the same as MartinJ from https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Cooling-Off-Period-Question/m-p/2574898#M2299

He was in same situation and CS in Vodafone was telling him there is nothing in Vodafone system until he got to CS Danielle who found migration request PROMPTLY. 

So what should I do now?

@TJ can you help as Ive been going by your advice from previous thread where MartinJ asked same questions

View more options

Hey @Aukson, I'd recommend contacting us through Live Chat to discuss this further.

If you want us to look into it, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Mark thanks for your reply

There is no link in your private message CLICK HERE is not a link just text, could you resend link please 
As to LiveChat - Ive tried that before calling CS and they told me that I have to call cancellation team

View more options

Apologies @Aukson, I've sent you another private message with the details you'll need.

View more options