Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Conncting HP Deskjet 3050A J611 to Vodafone Power Hub

Martin1950
2: Seeker

20240703_191850.jpg

For a good few hours I have been trying to link a HP 3050 to the new Vodafone PowerHub. The printer connects to a Windows 10 laptop to print with success, with a USB cable, but fails miserably to connect to the same wifi that the machine (laptop) is on. With the old router it did.

It seems that I have to delve into the Mac Filtering, this seems impossible with the Web UI access of http://192. etc, but alas I have failed to find this.

Any solution ideas ?

Can the USB port on the back of the router be used to connect the printer to the network.

Many thanks,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4

billhinge
4: Newbie

I have a HP Color LaserJet MFP M377dw (it's a 2017 model), I didn't do anything special other than use the configuration screen on the printer to select the wifi network - (2.4GHz band only. I don't use the usb or ethernet connection). Once the printer is connected I use to HP web UI to configure various printer things. I am Apple based and have the the UltraHub but the only config is on the printer not the router, the router just thinks its another device. Can you connect the printer to the router via ethernet cable?

Silly question, do you have to enable wifi on the printer?

It shows up on the network page of the UltraHub. Before being connected to the UltraHub 18 months ago, it was connected to a TP_Link, Asus, Draytek router

billhinge_3-1720035000558.png

billhinge_1-1720034051974.png

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Martin1950 There seems to be a lot of similar queries on the HP site. You might have more luck there.

Martin1950

Thanks for your repty Cynric.

The HP Wireless Network Test Results, were as follows:

ATTENTION
Your HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router. MAC address filtering my be enabled on your wireless router which can prevent your HP printer from connecting to your wireless network during setup.

SOLUTION
If MAC address filtering is enabled and yo would like to keep it enabled yo must add the MAC address of your printer (available in this Test Report) to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router before continuing.

From what I can gather it used to be possible to edit the MAC allowances on the http://192.1.1 Vodafone

thanks

Cynric