Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New broadband app and blocking devices

swt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello everyone,

I'm sure a lot of you must have seen the new vodafone broadband app, it look sleek, but a main feature I was regularly using is not yet back online - the boost and block devices feature.

Thing is, the night before I updated the app, I blocked a laptop, since updating the app, this laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore.

I've tried restarting the router, restarting the laptop, forgetting the Wifi on the laptop but nothing works, when I try to connect to the wifi it says "unable to connect". I think I need to do something more tech advanced (I can follow instructions pretty good, but can't do it on my own), or contact vodafone to do something. I've tried contacting them but to no avail yet :Sad_face:

I hope someone can help me out.

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You should be able to unblock the laptop via the router firmware,

Jayach_0-1703179958855.png

yes! that's what I did (while speaking with customer support)

To anyone facing the same issue, you need to log into the router using 192.168.1.1 from a device connected to the wifi, the password to log in is at the bottom of your router (different to the wifi password), then go to internet >MAC filtering and delete the devices that are there. Should be sorted!