main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Nokia 515 access control code

2: Seeker

Im trying to insert a new pay monthly card to a Nokia 515 which shouldn't be restricted to any network, however the phone is asking for access control code when I first start it. How do I get that code please? 

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Edit: I'm trying to insert a Vodafone pay monthly card. The phone used to have a pay as you go O2 card but wasn't originally bought in any network. 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

The only reason that the phone wouldn't accept a Vodafone sim card is if the phone was locked to o2 @Justiier 

Where was the phone originally purchased from ?

And or the sim cards sim pin has been activated which is a security feature to stop the sim being used in any unknown phone without inputting the 4 digit pin.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for your response. The phone was bought from Carephone Warehouse and paid for in cash without an operator. It was meant to be simlock free hence why I don't understand why it would be locked to any network..

It's the first time I've tried to use the Vodafone card, is it possible that it's already secured with a pin code? 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Justiier 

If the phone was originally purchased from Carphone, it would have come as unlocked.  However, this is quite an old handset released 2013.

As you have mentioned, the access code requested would be a PIN or security code entered into the phone and you will be needing a PUK code from the network last used.  This will be more than likely SIM related try an O2 SIM in the phone and see if this works.

If you are able to get into the phone, it would be worth factory resetting to clear any stored security codes.

View more options