main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Trying to unlock Note 10+ 5g. Got unlock code, but phone keeps asking for PUK for new SIM.

2: Seeker

Trying to unlock Note 10+ 5g. Got unlock code, but phone keeps asking for PUK for new SIM.  However, when I input the PUK, I get the message "unlock unsuccessful", before I've even tried the unlock code!

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately we've seen this regularly @LolM 

Ignore the Puk request as it has nothing to do with unlocking.

It's the phone getting confused.

What you need from customer services is the Mck mastercode also known as an unfreeze code as well as the Nuc for some Samsung Phones.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  can also get it from the Nuc department for you.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks.  I've posted a query on the Vodafone Facebook page. 

View more options
Highlighted

Well, I've been talking to various people on the Facebook page and the chat function on Vodafone's website. Just going round in circles!  

Getting increasingly fed up!

View more options
Highlighted

When you've specifically asked them to ask the Nuc department for the MCK Mastercode  / Unfreeze Code what have they said to you @LolM  ?

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

They've asked me whether I've tried the PUK, whether I've tried the NUC,  what error message I get.  Then they've derided the advice I got from you on here and asked me all the same questions again... and again...

Someone called Mark has just told me he's referred my case back to the NUC team and they'll sort it. As it's not the  first time in the last three days I've been told that,  I'm not too hopeful. 

View more options
Highlighted

I'm not surprised your unimpressed with this.

Thankfully Ofcom are set to change this.

ofcom.org.uk/ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones. 

I've seen previous posts where a person has given up on the network and unlocked the phone via a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones or have used an online unlocking site  !

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

i've got my family on Vodafone. It's not the cheapest provider, but the service has been good so far. Now i've seen how the company behaves when things aren't going quite right i'll be movinig to other providers as soon as the various renewals roll around.

View more options
Highlighted

If you do need any further assistance after our Unlocking team get in touch @LolM, I can see we now have you in our Facebook messages. You can pop a message back to Mark in our team and we'll be able to help you from there 👍

View more options
Highlighted

I just saw this email from the NUC team. Are they just going to send me another NUC, when the phone is asking for a PUK? 

The advice from others in this forum is that I need an MCK to resolve the issue. 

View more options
Highlighted

This means we've asked the manufacturer for an alternative code - this will be the master code @LolM. Please be aware that when using a master code this may reset your phone to its factory settings, so I'd advise backing up your contents before trying to unlock it with the new code you'll receive soon. 

View more options
Highlighted
Highlighted

I'm sorry for the messages you've had in the conversation @LolM. I've made sure the experience you've had has been fed back to my manager - I can only imagine how frustrating this must have been. I can see we've since advised you correctly - if you do need anything else, you know where to find us and we'll be happy to help.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi I, I don't want to chase on the Facebook message thread,  because I'll just end up answering the same questions again, but could you find out for me what's happened with this,  please? 

Thanks. 

View more options
Highlighted

@LolM I can see we've got your recent message over on Messenger. As we'll need to complete security to check on the progress of this for you, we'll get this resolved for you from there  Please be aware it can take 10 working days for us to receive the master code from the manufacturer.

View more options