main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Unlock message not appearing

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

I have a Galaxy S6. I have received my NUC from Vodafone and the instructions say to turn off the phone, insert the new Plusnet SIM, turn on the phone and I will be prompted for the NUC. I do not receive the prompt. What else can I do?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @sydh sorry if this is a daft question but if you put your new sim in what happens ?  do you get a signal etc ? is the phone already unlocked ? hence you not being given the prompt ?

View more options
6 REPLIES

Can you check that the other SIM card is activated. 

Ie working and connects to it's network to make calls and use mobile data etc. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

I went to check the sim card and it had connected sometime within the last 30 minutes. Thanks anyway.

View more options

Ok so if the other networks SIM card is working and not prompting the pop up box can you please try one of the other main networks SIM cards and not a MVNO type. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @sydh sorry if this is a daft question but if you put your new sim in what happens ?  do you get a signal etc ? is the phone already unlocked ? hence you not being given the prompt ?

View more options

The phone was already unlocked. The problem was that the new sim took several minutes to register. I gave it 30 minutes and it then worked. Thanks.

View more options

I'm glad to hear that everything's working for you now @sydh 😊

You know where to find us if you ever have any other questions, we'll be happy to help in any way we can!

View more options