Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlocking iPhone 3GS on cancelled corporate account

tomtomek9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

We are trying to unlock an old iPhone 3GS that has been previously used on our now cancelled corporate account. I had a chat with the team over web chat but they could not help and were to arrange for a call back from the corporate team but this never happened. Can someone assist with regards to this matter?

Thanks,

T

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have youbtried requesting the unlock via the form in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/ 

To unlock your device, log into Vodafone Corporate Online (VCO) and download the request form

If you can't use VCO, call customer services on 191 free from your Vodafone mobile. "

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

That's an old phone @tomtomek9 .  According to the page here : Unlocking , it may already be unlocked.  One thing to be aware of is there is no iOS update for the device and it may not support some features.

If you still need to unlock the device, this is going to mean getting a PAYG SIM and using it in the device, quite sure the stipulation is for 30 days and request the unlocking in your name as PAYG.  There is no code for an Apple device and the device is unlocking is completed through Apple database, all that should be needed is an alternative network SIM and synchronising to your Apple account.

I know it is an old phone, it has been sitting in the cupboard for the last 7-8 years. I still want to use it, more like a showcase. Now, trying to request the unlock comes back with this: 

Hello,

You recently asked us to unlock your device so you can use it on another network. It looks like you are trying to unlock a device that belongs to a corporate account.

What you need to do next

If you're trying to unlock a business device, please submit your request through our corporate portal "VCO". If you do not have a VCO account, please contact your dedicated Vodafone Customer Service Team.
If you have a device on a personal account please submit the form with the IMEI for that device. The IMEI previously submitted is associated with a corporate account.

Now, we do not have Vodafone account anymore. We do not have Vodafone sim. Looking at other thread regaridng iPhone3G unlocking, a person bought a Pay&Go simcard used it for more than 1 month and eventually after many attempts to conttact vodafone via different channels, they got the phone unlocked.

I want to save myself all of this hassle. Would appreciate some assistance on this matter.

AnnS

You will need a Vodafone number to get the unlocking completed @tomtomek9 , the only way is by using a PAYG SIM in the device and then completing the online unlocking request.

Ok, but can you confirm that once Pay&Go number is inserted and used, the phone will unlock without displaying the message about corporate account? I am worried that this will be the case.