main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Sure signal

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
8: Helper

Want to give some feedback more than anything. What it is I seen a sure signal in cex obviously second hand. I talked to the guy because I knew if it's registered to another account I can't register it. He said anything purchased from them they will guarantee for 24 months so any problem registering it bring it back for a full refund likewise if it goes faulty within 24 months. Unfortunately I went looking elsewhere because I tried to order one from Vodafone without any success I asked if I could get one ordered and bill it to my bill I was told no problem.

When they come back from being on hold I was told it was on back order and I will get one as soon as it's in stock. I waited a while and phoned on Saturday to find it had not been ordered and I could not get one from Vodafone store because the one in my town is closed for renovations.

I was after a sure signal because I get perfect signal everywhere I go except for in my bungalow. But at the side of my bungalow there is a big building and lots of trees to the back. In the living room I get 1 bar of 4g and 2 bars of 3g and full 2g signal. If I go-to the kitchen we get no signal what so ever. If you go outside and slightly past the trees and the big building I get full 4g but with me having Ms and having good and bad days this was not always possible. I have tried other networks pay and go sims to test signal and to tell you the truth Vodafone out of all the networks provided best signal even if I had to occasionally flick to 2g to stop calling breaking up.

Anyway I paid £12 for the sure signal it's got a few light scratches but you can expect that with it been used. Once set up it wasn't working. So I contacted live chat and was transferred to tech support live chat. The guy on there was spot on. He said it had been removed from the network due to inactivity. He said he would try to connect it back and register it but I will have to purchase a new one if it doesn't work. He came back 1 minute later and said it's connected it fine.

Net result I took a punt and now have full 3g signal in my home on all my devices and only paid twelve pounds for a device that cex are saying that I have a 24 months warranty for with them.

Of course if Vodafone had actually ordered me one I would never have got this bargain for £12 and obviously paid £69 for a new one. I just thought worth a try as I could have got a refund if it doesn't work but I'm pleased it worked out .

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

I agree that sonetimes if a person shops around they can sometimes get a good deal. 

In regards to a 2nd hand SS yes it has to be properly de registered by the original owner or it simply wont work. 

Also if the inactivity had been 12 months + then their would have been no way of getting it working. Its removed permanently. 

So a person does need to be careful. 

Good to hear your now sorted with a working signal. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
1 REPLY
17: Community Champion

I agree that sonetimes if a person shops around they can sometimes get a good deal. 

In regards to a 2nd hand SS yes it has to be properly de registered by the original owner or it simply wont work. 

Also if the inactivity had been 12 months + then their would have been no way of getting it working. Its removed permanently. 

So a person does need to be careful. 

Good to hear your now sorted with a working signal. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options