main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Apple watch 4 on pre order

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

I don't think any of them have a clue! As far as they are concerned they think we've already had or should have had all our watches. What they don't want to tell you is that these watches could be out of stock, through into November, until Apple get thier second producer on board. Lets hope not but that could be the case.

View more options

They are trickling through. People have had deliveries in the last couple of days.

I have personally stopped caring as no amount of phone calls or chats seem to make a difference for anyone. Vodafone don’t seem to know for sure what’s happening. 

Whatever 😕

View more options
2: Seeker

I now have my watch, but anyone out there don’t get too excited, they don’t work as cellular phones, you just get a message saying you are on the wrong package!!!!  I’ve only been on it for just over a year and I flatly refuse to change.  Really not happy and if you think I’m going to spend hours waiting for your call centre staff to a) answer the phone and b) -~actually have a clue what I am talking about, then think again.  This is an appalling situation and needs to be sorted ASAP........

View more options

Is anyone’s DPD tracker app showing a Vodafone delivery today lmao cause mine is not they have lied to me again 

View more options

I called them again yesterday and they were very pushy for me to cancel the order. They said you can cancel the order at no cost and that they would compensate me £20 towards my phone bill. I said I have waited this long I want the watch now and I’m not cancelling. That’s worried me now because I think it will go into November/ December time. The latest message says 10 days they will inform me of an update. I ordered on the 14th, it is nearly one month already, it is dreadful. 

I also find it shocking that it some of them are turning up faulty and it cannot be used without WiFi. This is going to be costly for Vodafone and it’s a disaster. I’m surprised this hasn’t hit the headlines. 

View more options

I think it’s time we highlighted this thread to the media.

View more options
3: Seeker

I’m also amazed there is not more in the press about this. Like others, I have just had it confirmed by customer services that anyone who has promised dates for delivery to me (& there are several!) have lied to me..and the agent agreed that they were probably trying to ‘soften the blow’, but it was totally unacceptable. They even took the name of the person who emailed me to take up a formal complaint..for what it’s worth. There is clearly very little stock with Vodafone..and I after failed promises again and again, resigned to hoping it is 2018 rather than October now. What a shame, I used to be such a Vodafone fan.

View more options

I am actually looking into consumer law at the moment. In the official Vodafone small print it might say pre orders are subject to stock availability etc fair enough . I have a recorded conversation with an advisor telling me my original order was cancelled because I did not pass a credit check which I was very concerned about, as I have good credit. the same advisor then I think, realised a credit check was actually NOT done on my original order but would not admit it and carried out one herself with my permission which I passed straight away . Why did they not call me back on my mobile lol the same day and finish the order with a credit check . I wasobviously was not put back on there pre order list after there mistake and they have then continued to blag and lie to me ever since and I have recorded transcripts of it all . I honestly think they have over stepped the mark here 

View more options

Vodafone are advertising on instagram and of course you can comment on it lol

View more options

The daily telegraph has already covered part of the debacle but this was the tip of the iceberg.

ill email them (and watchdog later) with links and full details later today.  I’m headed off out with the kids now.

View more options

Only so much people will take with little or no communication. After over 10 years I’m going to Cancel my order and then my contracts ASAP and move to EE I think this is getting out of hand now. 

On another note I’ve emailed Watchdog and made numerous complaints so the more people that complain the more likely that something will be done.  I don’t want/think anybody should be going through this shambles. 

View more options

Stu- This is exactly what happened to me, when my iPhone X arrived it didn’t come with the watch. So I called them and they told me I haven’t got the watch because I didn’t pass the credit check so the order was cancelled but they didn’t call me and tell me that. So they then ordered the watch without any other further credit checks then saying I would be priority. I have been pushed right to the back of the line but I was one of the first to order it on the 14th. 

I think I have spoken to every Vodafone employee the past month, I will be invited to their staff Christmas party at this rate. 

View more options

...I assume that will take place at Easter??

View more options

I’ve just cancelled my watch order(placed 14 Sep same time as new phone). Like everyone else I’m sick of being fobbed off with useless information. I too was told I had failed a credit check despite being with Vodafone for many years. That might have contributed to my order being cancelled originally. Tracker just says 3 to 4 weeks blah blah. Anyway just ordered 44mm gps and cellular in gold from Very with delivery on Tuesday. At last.

View more options

Just had a look on the Apple Stores around the country and they all seem to have stock so why doesn’t Vodafone have stock

View more options

I’ve also looked on the EE website and they have them in stock as well

View more options

All I can see on Apple Store app is delivery and pick up dates well in to November.

View more options

It’s not for delivery it’s to pick up from the local store a lot of the stores seem to have them in stock

View more options

I checked with my store in Plymouth and pick ups were showing as Nov 12th. If anyone wants to buy one then Very has stock now

View more options

All Scotland stores show 13th Nov pick up. Still, that might be quicker than VF.😅

View more options