main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

First esim casualty, be warned everyone don't remove data plan.

SOLVED
View solved solution
chistery
16: Advanced member

What have you done and trying to do razz? If your phone has an eSIM plan why are you trying to add one?

View more options
razz
3: Seeker

i swapped physical sim for an esim, neither work now

View more options
Evie

Hey @razz, oh no! I'm sure we can get this sorted for you. Could you drop us a message on social media here so we can access your account and see what's what?

Make sure to include a link to this forum along with your forum username, and your mobile/account number. A screenshot of any errors you are getting would be helpful as well 😊

View more options
gs1982
2: Seeker

I requested a esim and it was an absolute disaster!  I requested the esim and received it within 6 hours, bearing in mind my old sim had been deactivated, the esim did not work - After speaking with Vodafone for over 2 hours, some of the agents even were arguing with me and I had to tell them to look at their own website as they assured me they don't support esim I eventually managed to get a physical sim re-sent.  I was without service for just over 4 days!  I really want the esim but worried it won't work again!  Also, as per previous posters, a lot of the Vodafone online chat/account requires SMS verification, bit difficult to do when your sim has been deactivated. 

View more options
fsociety
4: Newbie

OK, so I have been through the procedure.

The agent on the phone wasn't aware of the new eSim feature and said that it was only available for the Apple Watch. Clearly, some internal training is still needed.

I got them to set me up with a new regular sim only plan. Received the sim today and proceeded to do the sim swap to eSim. The easiest option is to have the sim for sure so you can receive the security text but there is a way to do it without the sim by filling out a sim swap form. So, it would seem this can be done without the physical sim, albeit less conveniently and probably less quickly I would guess. As I had the sim I placed into a spare phone, received the security text and within a few minutes received an email with the QR code. Scanned the QR code with my iPhone XS Max and it was up and running within a few minutes.

Not too much drama after all.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

It's great to hear that everyone managed to get sorted - if anyone needs information on setting up an eSIM, you can check our website here 👍

For more information on what we offer and the benefits of the eSIM - our news centre is a great read! 

View solution in original position

View more options
donnyguy

I have a questioned based on the experiences of people using eSim and would like to share my thoughts to see if I'm understanding (from a perspective of what to do if you accidentally delete the profile)

1. You start with your physical SIM

2. You follow the process, request the move to eSim via your My Vodafone and get the QR code

3. You then move to eSim and live happily ever after

But I then read stories of people who accidentally deleted their eSim profile and had to proceed to going back to a physical sim to then move to eSim.

So my question is:

• If you added an additional mobile contact number to your My Vodafone profile (which is possible) then you can have this number appear in the list of numbers the portal wants to text so sign you in 
  • If you accidentally deleted your profile, could you log back into My Vodafone (using the alternative number for text validation) and then simply generate a new sim swap to a new eSim QR code

So basically: 

• Is the barrier locking yourself out of your My Vodafone account or
  • Is the barrier more related to a text being required to be sent to the number you're wanting to sim swap?

If the latter then my thoughts are pointless 🙂 

View more options
vgopal
4: Newbie

You can log in to Vodafone with a text to the alternative number, but you cannot process the sim swap with a confirmation to the alternative number, as a text is only sent to your number that you are switching.

Of course if this esim is not active because you have deleted it then you wont receive it.

Vodafone need to update the text on their sim swap page. As the text below isn't correct.

If you've accidentally deleted your eSIM, simply scan the QR code we sent you with your confirmation email to re-download it.

You can't reuse the same QR code, at least for me it didn't work, I tried it a few days ago.

Does anyone know what happens when you switch to another phone? And what the process might be?

View more options
fabioscala

@Mark, I had the same problem, how do I go about reactivating my SIM? I tried to contact via Facebook (no response) and via Twitter (average response of 1+ hour).

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Social Media team will always try and respond as quickly as possible @fabioscala, but as they aren't a Live Chat service, there can be a delay in response times. They are definitely the best team to get this sorted for you, so I'd recommend hanging on in there 😊

View more options
m3centurion

I share your pain as I did exactly the same thing.  I've used eSim for the last 2 years, on EE and O2 without any drama, but as soon as I move to Vodafone everything goes wrong.  When I first installed the eSIM I thought everything was fine but realised that some important features were missing.  I can't make outgoing calls, send text messages or enable data.  I can receive calls so that must be a bonus.

Everyone I speak with at Vodafone technical support, seem to have the same answer, which is 'it should be sorted in 24 hours'. I'm now in my 4th day and still no resolution.  Like you I tried to re-installed the eSIM using the QR code as instructed by Vodafone which failed.  So visited my local store where the number was transferred to  a physical SIM.  I'm now back to using 2 phones and still cannot make outgoing calls.  Guess what technical support said?  Yep you're right - It should fix itself in 24 hours.  The way things are going it is going to take a week at least to get this sorted.

I wish I stayed with O2

View more options
Jhoran

Tried to move from SIM to ESIM and now wish that I never started the process. The setup on the website went well, my SIM got deactivated in minutes, but thirty hours on, I’ve not received any email with the QR code and have had no mobile service for thirty hours! Tried support; very nice, but not very effective people. Raised a complaint and now been told that it could be another forty hours before I get service again as”this is all new and not working very well” . I’m giving it till nine tomorrow, if there’s no resolution by then I’ll have to look at more drastic options unfortunately. Same thing on a competitors network took 5 minutes..

View more options
MarkD

Hi @Jhoran, it sounds like the ball is rolling and we're sorry that this has lead to a complaint. If you contact us over Twitter or Facebook, we would love to see if there is an update for you. You can find all the contact details here 🙂

View more options
Jhoran

Now over forty hours with no service Thanks for your reply, I wish it was rolling.

Fixing this, is currently going nowhere with responses from the help line of “this service is new, we don’t currently know how to fix it” really inspiring confidence. Getting close to going elsewhere 

View more options
Jhoran

Forty eight hours plus and still no sign of anything working. Won’t be going down the ESIM route in the future on Vodafone as the systems managing them at Vodafone seem to be totally broke.

View more options
Tash

I'm sorry to see this is ongoing for you @Jhoran! We can take a closer look into the progress of this for you - have you sent us a message via Twitter or Facebook Messenger through the link @MarkD gave above? 

If you have, please ensure your Community username is included along with a link to your post and you won't need to write out your query again.

Once we have your details we'll access your account securely and can provide you with an update on your move to the eSIM. We've got processes in place to resolve any errors or delays with any eSIM queries, so please be assured we'll be able to help with getting this sorted. While we may not be able to intervene with our Complaints team's investigations, we can give you some further insight on the steps we're taking and chase this up if needed.

View more options
breaksfr

I am having the same problem YET AGAIN!

I have 2 numbers, a physical sim number for perso use and en eSIM for work.

When I upgraded from iPhone 11 to iPhone 12 Pro, I had the same issue as I currently am on my new iPhone 13 Pro: unable to swap eSIM to new iPhone. The QR code doesn't work and says that it has already been used (again, just like last time).....and now the kicker is that I can no longer receive texts on the number I am trying to swap because it is no longer working!

The last time, I spent HOURS speaking to Vodafone, and all they would do is send me a new QR code and reassure me that it would work this time. In the end, I had to transfer my eSIM to a physical SIM and then transfer that physical SIM to an eSIM to get it to work, which is not the most customer friendly solution.

I find it absolutely shocking that Vodafone has not sorted this issue out, and even more shocking that the information on their website is flawed.

I have now been waiting well over an hour for help via Twitter and am not a happy customer at present, to say the least.

View more options
chistery

After you using the QR code from the pdf or the one displayed on screen? Only the pdf one works. 

View more options
simax
13: Advanced Member

Enter the 2 codes in the PDF that’s been sent to you. Those are the only ones that work. After you’ve done that you’ll be fine.

View more options
breaksfr

Several hours on, I still have not received any pdf, which happened to me the last time I upgraded.

I had to phone customer service, who was able to send me a pdf, but the code would not work.

View more options