cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 11 randomly turned off and wont come back on.

matt7391
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yesterday morning my Iphone 11 randomly turned itself off with 80% battery. I attempted to do hard resets after looking at different forums online and charging the device but I'm not getting any response at all. When I spoke to apple yesterday they said something with the hardware has gone wrong and it'll need to be fixed taking about 3/5 days. 

I went into Vodafone store today to see what they would recommended as I only brought the device 10 months ago so would still be under warranty. They said it would take 7-10 days to fix, and I wont be able to have a replacement phone in the mean time because of Covid. Now with me paying a monthly contract will Vodafone reimburse me for not using my phone during this period if I go with them? I've tried calling but I seem to just get pushed back to the internet forums to seek advice. I also pay monthly insurance with Vodafone. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you tried hooking upto iTunes and try the various restores that way ?

You'd be expected to source your own interim phone @matt7391 and use your sim card in that.

However do check the small print and T&C's of your Vodafone insurance policy.

Maybe someone you know has an unused phone sat in a drawer.

Also my advice is to let an Apple Genius Bar in an Apple Store take a look as they know their hardware and software better.

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can also advise.

Social Media Team's. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your feedback @bandofbrothers 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @matt7391 

Also try DFU Mode What-to-do-when-your-iphone-wont-turn-on-put-iphone-into-dfu-mode 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.