main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Problem with connect Apple Watch with mobile plan

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Hi @Grandl I’m having the exact same issue as you. Can you share how it got resolved in the end? 

Thank you.

View more options
4: Newbie

@Icepeek wrote:

Hi @Grandl I’m having the exact same issue as you. Can you share how it got resolved in the end? 

Thank you.

Of course I can!

here is the message from directors office what they have done with my issue:

Thanks for getting in touch with us about your recent experience. I'm really sorry this led to your email to our Customer Relations Team on 2 May 2019.   

You have asked us to provide an email to state what we had done to resolve the issue with the pairing of your Apple watch to your mobile device.

Just to recap, we had spoken to our technical team in regards to the issue with the pairing of your Apple watch to your mobile device, it was decided that we would send you a new Apple watch from Vodafone to replace your third party Apple watch. We had agreed with yourself to disconnect your Apple watch and your mobile device from the Vodafone network, we then as agreed re-connected your mobile number back onto the Vodafone network. Once we could see that your mobile number was showing on our network, we the reconnected the Apple watch we had provided.

This action refreshed your mobile number and the Apple watch identity onto the Vodafone network, due to this both devices were able to pair with each other and now have a full working service as you have verified with us.

So to sum up:
- never contact with 191 - they know nothing (like John Snow)
- if your watch won't be connected after 24 hours there is 99% percent of chance this watch cannot be connected at all - Vodafone has to send you another watch (there is no choice with colour/kind of so if you have for example Hermes edition or steel one then will be a problem because they have only normal one - aluminium grey) and you have to give your back to them even if you bought yours in apple for cash.
- you have to contact with directors office - [Removed] - and tell them all the story
- Vodafone has to completely disconnect your account/number and pair it all again - its like making new account - after all on my "new" contract i have a start date at 2.05.2019 even if my real contract started 27.12.2017 (you can change it later (after solving problem) when you call to 191 and tell them you want to change it - they will see it in logs on your account).

If you have any questions just write here.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]
View more options