Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Doro 6820 mystery icon ???

Sussexlad
2: Seeker

Hi. I've just bought one of these for my wife and it's working ok, However there's now a symbol on the home screen, which I don't think was there initially, of a speaker with a red rectangle and I guess an indication of text on it. I've trawled the symbols listed on this site but to be honest. they're all too small to make out !

So I'd appreciate it if someone can tell me what it means and how to remove it, if not required?

Cheers Sussexlad

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

It looks like the phone is on silent mode @Sussexlad , try going into the settings menu, there will be something to change this to sound.

Take a look at device guides here Device Guides 

Sussexlad

Thanks for the suggestion but no the phone wasn't on silent. After much faffing around, I found there was a software update available, which I applied. On reboot the icon had disappeared ! Only time will tell if this is a permanent solution ! Cheers

P.S. I'd still like to know exactly what that particular icon is meant to indicate.

AnnS

It's important to do the software update @Sussexlad . Go to about phone software update and complete over a WiFi connection. 

I did say 'which I applied'. Following the update the icon has gone, so I do wonder if the available update is what it's indicating??

AnnS

A misunderstanding.  There will be information on the update in about phone.  

Hi. Doro have just responded with 'The symbol on the screen mean that your wife has a voicemail to listen to'. I had checked for that, so I think it was just a hiccup and the SW reboot reset everything. Anyway at least i know what it means should it reaapear. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ok, the answer. All this symbol represents is that there is a voicemail stored. Dial the Voicemail service of your Service provider, in GiffGaff's case 443 and listen to the message. There will be an option to delete the message and  the symbol will disappear. If you don't want the Voicemail service at all, in GiffGaff's case, there is a code to dial to turn it off, which is 1626. I expect other providers have something similar. Hope this helps.