Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G CALLING ON MOTO G7 POWER ?

NielStuart
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I want to check if 4g calling will work on my wife's Moto G7 Power (Android 10) after 3G switch off.

The phone did 4g calling just fine when it was mine on EE.

Since the VFone store put my wife's new sim card in it (Pay Monthly contract 4G/5G +51 roaming destinations) the phone shows 4g icon, but when you make a call this changes to H+.  The store assured me this was fine and the phone would still work for calls and connect to 4G for calls when 3g goes.

Is this true?  From what I have read the phone is dropping to 3G (H+) for calls and so will drop to 2G when 3G is retired. So if we are abroad where 2G has also gone, will the phone work? If I put the IMEI number in the Vodafone checker, it says it will not work with 4G calling, but it also says my G73 wont work, but it seems to.......

I have also read that to get some Moto phones to work on VoLTE, Vodafone need to send something to the phone to enable it. Is this true, how do I request this.

Any experts out there who can give me a definitive answer.

If it won't work and I have to buy a new phone. Vodafone sell the Moto G53, so if I buy one elsewhere (John Lewis) will it work or do Vodafone add software to the ones they supply.

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Take a read of this previous thread @NielStuart VoLTE Provisioning for Motorola G7 Power - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

There is no reason for 4G calling not working.