Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no wifi calling after update

jacksmack
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After an android 11 update I no longer have wifi calling on my sony xperia 10, it's not a question of just turning it on again the option has been removed from my phone,

Vodafone say wifi calling is active on my account so it must be the manufacturer that's to blame

I have tried all the power down sim in/out tricks but I still have no wifi calling

Wifi calling was working fine until this update

What do I do to resolve this?????   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I would ask the Vodafone Agent to send an OTA configuration which should send the required files to your phone @jacksmack 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

I would ask the Vodafone Agent to send an OTA configuration which should send the required files to your phone @jacksmack 

Current Phone  >

thank you for the reply, I will try that

After your advice I spoke to Rishabh on vodafones facebook page and explained the problem and what you suggested and he did what was asked and it's all working now

Brilliant

BandOfBrothers

Awesome result @jacksmack 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for jumping in and helping @BandOfBrothers - that's really great! 

I'm pleased to hear it's all working for you now @jacksmack 📱 

hrym

Is this OTA configuration the APN or something else?   It's just that I think my Motorola should work, even though it's not on Vodafone's list.   A previous conversation with Social Media only concentrated on APNs, which I'm not sure is the issue (?)

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @hrym - the OTAC settings seem to push some additional information through that is different to the manual APN settings and these should come through automatically. 

If they haven't and you (or anyone) are still not able to get it up and running, we can ask our Mobile Tech team to manually do this. 

For anyone that does need these manually sending out, please get in touch with our social team here and we can request this 🙂

Hi :).

It'd be more heldpul if either of you could explain the fix in a bit more detail as I'm a bit confused. 

You mentioned getting OTA settings or getting Tech to send OTAC and this makes some kinda of difference to phone settings. What does this all mean??

Thanks! 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Janedoe2 I'm sorry you're having difficulty getting your WiFi Calling up and running since your update. If you'd like us to take a closer look into this for you, please pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll be able to help you get this sorted.