Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Entering keypad numbers for automated services not working

honniebopkins
2: Seeker

Hi I have a Huawei P Smart phone - entering keypad numbers for automated services is not working. I have tried this with speaker phone on and off. Automated services (which is almost everything nowadays) does not recognise anything and I end up being cut off. 

I need to speak to vodafone - tried 191 - then automated menu won't work. - tried - online chat - still loading 30mins later...

Anyone any ideas please?

Many thanks

10 REPLIES 10

honniebopkins

After reading all the online forums and not really getting a clear solution - I assume it is the Huawei phone as lots of people have this problem - so instead of sending the phone off to an engineer and all the hassle that involves ... I have downloaded a dail / phone app. Heh, presto - keypad numbers are now recognised. 

hrym
17: Community Champion

Glad to hear you've got it working.   If you want to use the stock phone app, it may be that you need to turn DTMF tones on in its settings - I have seen that as a togglable option.

Hi, thanks for your response - I have been searching high and low for DTMF on my phone with no success - will take a look at the stock phone app

Many thanks :Laughing_Face:

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Yes hrym is right, I have a Huawei P20 and you have to turn keypad tones on for automated services to work. Go to

Settings

Sounds

More Sound Settings

Dialler Touch Tones

Choose Default

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your response. I tried that also before I installed the dialler/phone app - it didn't work either. But so far so good with the app. 

That's odd, it worked for me - different phone I know but still should work

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

hrym

I've just looked at my HTC and the option there is "play touch tones when using dial pad".   AFAIK, tapping numbers during a call sound send the appropriate code/tone.   Mine works without the "play tones" option enabled, but I don't know about Huawei.   As "press..." is a standard part of most phone systems, you'd assume it was something handsets did by default.

That info is correct and valid for Android 9. My older phone on Android 8 has this option under the Calls - settings option. This upgraded this week to Android 9 and I couldn't find the option.

Thanks

May I ask you what dial / phone App you used please.

Thanks

Pete