Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

File Location of Wallpapers

david273
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So today I got a Smart V8.

I love it and I love the stock wallpapers too (I have weird taste, ok). Anyway, as I’m the kind of person that likes my phone and text apps to use the same background, I’m trying to find where they are. I’ve used the stock file manager and Amaze but can I heck find them.

Any ideas folks? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've not used your make and model of phone @david273

On most phones the settings only allow the choice of wallpaper for a lock screen and home screen for wallpapers. 

On my s8 I can download custom launchers at much as Nova Prime as one of many examples that allows much more customisation. 

Also in mine I can set my own backgrounds by launching my messages app - open up settings within it- and I have a Backgrounds option where I can set my own background wallpapaper for texts. 

Yours may have something similar. 

Some phones however do not have this or similar options. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

I've not used your make and model of phone @david273

On most phones the settings only allow the choice of wallpaper for a lock screen and home screen for wallpapers. 

On my s8 I can download custom launchers at much as Nova Prime as one of many examples that allows much more customisation. 

Also in mine I can set my own backgrounds by launching my messages app - open up settings within it- and I have a Backgrounds option where I can set my own background wallpapaper for texts. 

Yours may have something similar. 

Some phones however do not have this or similar options. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I have this phone too, and I really like it. Go to settings, display, wallpaper then wallpapers. The thumbnails will be along the bottom to scroll through.

The only way I can see you using the wallpaper as a text background is to screenshot your chosen wallpaper and use that file rather than the wallpaper file itself.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

I know how to get it there, I’m just trying to find the file path for it, so as to use it in my dialer and SMS apps.

Thanks though.

Sorry I didn't read your question properly!! I've edited my original reply to give you an idea.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

No bother.

I hope there’s a way around it. It’s a shame to have beautiful wallpapers and no way to use the full size version without the icons from the settings showing.

hrym

You may need to use a file manager that can display hidden files.  The path could be quite well buried, so knowing a filename to search for would be a help.  However, if the backgrounds are customisable, the phone should locate the available options by itself.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@david273 Can I just confirm if you want the same wallpaper on your text messages, as you do your general background? 

I've just been looking at the phone and have noticed there's a selection of wallpapers for text messages and a different set for the general background. Is this what you're referring to? 

I gave up ages ago so no need to worry. I think it's because I'm using non-stock apps but have found apps with similar quality backgrounds anyway.