Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei memory is poor

knorridge
2: Seeker

Hi all. 

I've had my huawei p8 lite 2017 for just over a year. I'm not able to update it anymore as it does not have enough storage available? Even after deleting all the apps that I installed when getting the phone. I've put it back to factory settings and it still does not have enough storage?!?! Does anyone else have or had this issue? If so what can I do about it? Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @knorridge do you have an SD memory card in your phone? Make sure all photos and music are saved to this rather than the phone memory. 

Believe it or not I've only just checked and yes there is a slot for a sd card. Could this be contributing to poor function of the phone as well? 

63johnw

Could well be, if the phone is struggling with memory it could affect performance. 

Thank you very much for your replies. I know it must seem like quite simple things but I'm not very good with technology. I'll see if these things help. 

63johnw

No problem any more issues just come back here. 

hrym

@knorridge wrote:

Believe it or not I've only just checked and yes there is a slot for a sd card. Could this be contributing to poor function of the phone as well? 

The presence of the card slot itself wouldn't be affecting performance.   However, if you put a card in it, you can use that as external storage (ie outside the onboard storage).  There will be a setting on the camera app to save photos there (when it detects the card, it may even offer to set that for you).  You can also use the card to store large files such as music - some download apps (eg Amazon Music) have a setting to do this directly, but you can also move files there by using the system file manager app you should find in thr app drawer (note that 3rd party file managers can't write to sd cards).

All operating systems manage working memory well and intervention isn't normally necessary.   However, clearing recent apps occasionally can speed things up.

lamperg

it's normal for this manufacturer, because many models is a budget