Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet calling (or VoIP) using third party services

KIMWW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

According to this Vodafone allow Internet calling (or VoIP) using third party services. Great, it's exactly what I'm looking for. Because this method does NOT work. Please provide another link. Because the one given in that post does not work anymore.

After 6 years now it should be working perfectly, isn't it?

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you have a compatible device, all you should need to do is make sure wifi calling is enabled in your account settings - it may already be set up by default.   Out of the box, the phone will probably connect automatically.   if it doesn't, look at the settings under Calling.

If you've done all that and it's still not working, then it's likely the device is not compatible.   I have two phones on my account.   The Sony L3 worked straight away, the Moto G8 never has.

I wouldn't disagree that this is something that really ought to be easily enabled in the OS, but it isn't.

NO, it does not work on my side, it's why I want to use a third party services like the one mentioned here:

Screenshot_20201231_184914.png

from this post: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Wifi-app/m-p/2304289/highlight/true#M7594

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KIMWW Thanks for clarifying - the link in the post is no longer available on our site as since then we've added more devices to be eligible for our Wi-Fi Calling as well as making improvements to our network throughout the UK. Which make and model are you currently using? We're rolling out the service to even more phones, so please do keep your eyes peeled on our dedicated page