cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LANDLINE STORED ON MY MOBILE. WHEN THEY CALL ME IT DOES NOT RING AND GOES STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL

jumbo336
2: Seeker

My GPs landline number has been stored on my mobile for ages,  However, when GP tries to call my mobile, it does not ring and goes straight to voicemail, or the caller gets the message "the person you are trying to call is busy"

5 REPLIES 5

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @jumbo336 - Hmmm, that sounds odd! Is it only when the GP calls you? Can all other landline/mobile numbers call you?

Is your mobile on 'Do not disturb'?

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @jumbo336 

The usual reason is you may have  accidentally blocked the caller, it's surprising just easy this is to do.

Go into your call settings select the three dots at the right hand top, select block numbers, the list the numbers added to the rejection list will come up where you will be able to remove the numbers,

This may not necessarily be what has happened but a place to look. 

Hi there.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.  However, I have checked all this beforehand and nothing is amiss.

I actually had an online Live chat with Vodafone the other day and he suggested that I dial the following sequence, which would bring up a message on the screen which it did.  He then told me to restart the phone and all would be resolved. Needless to say it has not solved the problem.

Sequence was ##002#

The message that was then displayed said "Call forwarding all erase successful" followed by "ok"

hrym

If this only happen with the one number, is it possible that you've managed to set it to a silent ringtone?   The simplest solution might be to delete the contact and see what happens.   If it's then OK, set it up again and you should be fine.

itomic

Don't forget to check if the physical Ring / Silent / Active button is set to Silent mode on the iPhone.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iphb71f9b54d/ios#:~:text=To%20put%20iPhone%20in%20Silen....