Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S21FE Software updates

iDLe76
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I got an S21FE in May and it was running the March 1st security patch and had no further software updates available.

It's now August and I still don't have any software updates avaible for this phone. 

Can any other  users of the S21FE confirm if they've been receiving software updates? 

I've tried everything I can think of including a factory reset and fresh setup today with no data restored but still nothing. 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @iDLe76 According to Samsung here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/monthly-update/td-p/5575115 there should be the June update, but this seems to bedelayed. If you purchased direct from Vodafone, it hasn't yet been released.   There is further information on this from the forum on this link : Firmware Explained 

The only thing to do is to checking the phone, when the update has been approved by Samsung and Vodafone, you will be promoted to download.

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm afraid that's not going to work for me so I'll be getting rid of the phone. I'm not comfortable using a device with such outdated security. It was outdated when I got it in May but to receive zero updates by August is not acceptable. 

Besides the security I'm also being blocked from installing certain apps on the playstore. 

I have an S22 Ultra as well and it's received around 7 x updates in that time. It got the August update at the end of July and is showing the same CSC details (EUX/VOD) as the S21 FE. 

BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately a factory reset wouldn't instigate a software update.

Have you tried using Samsung Smartswitch to see if that helps with the update.

There are other options which are explained in xdadevelopers.com but one has to be extremely careful @iDLe76 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Both chat and the local store told me to factory reset. I was confident it wouldn't do anything but went ahead to be certain. 

The store manager also misinformed me and blames delay of updates on Samsung. I had to show him the firmware link posted above. 

They also wanted me to send it for repair. Told me it would be gone for 10 days and if no hardware fault it found it would just be sent back. I've already taken the phone to a Samsung service centre where they ran full diagnostics and confirmed no hardware error. 

I got the phone for an elderly relative as their bank advised a new and secure device after suffering from some fraud attempts. The store recommended this handset as it promised good security updates.

I have also tried Samsung switch on PC but there are simply no updates available. I've used odin and flashed firmware to previous phones but I'm not willing to do that as it really shouldn't be necessary. 

BandOfBrothers

Well I'm baffled as to why they thought that a  factory reset would instigate a software update @iDLe76 

Updates are sent out by Samsung and are controlled by the phone model , serial and build number and region the phone is in and if the phone is a branded phone i.e supplied by a network as you've found out Vodafone ask Samsung to withhold updates until they've tested it.

This is why I buy my phone's direct from the manufacturer as I'm not keen on a network holding back and potentially changing the software update.

I appreciate and understand you don't want to look into the options on xdadevelopers.com.

However you wish to proceed I wish you all the best.  :Smiling: 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.