Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S3 Mini Battery Drain

ChristopherJS
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, first time on this forum. I have an Samsung S3 Mini, which I tend to use maybe just a few times a day. However, I can guarantee that the phone will need recharging by the end of the day. Yesterday I charged the phone before I left home, had the phone switched off most of the day and by the time I went to bed the phone needed recharging. The phone is brand new. What could possibly be draining the battery?

2 REPLIES 2

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi there.

Could either be a faulty battery. Does it look swollen if you take it out, any lumps?

Have you updated any firmware lately?

Whenever I have had battery drain issues I have carried out a factory reset and it had solved my problem

hrym

63johnw may well be right.   You could also have a look at what's using your battery, although the built-in monitor (in Settings|About phone) only shows percentages.  If OS services or screen show around 50%, that's normal.   If something's higher, that indicates a problem.  If it's part of the system doing it, a reset may help (put the phone on charge when you do this to avoid a power failure half way through the process).  If it's something else, it may be a rogue app.