Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TEXT MESSAGE NOTIFICATION

lindylou01
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

So I have a Samsung A8 2018 and for some reason when I send a txt, the notification sound has just stopped but I have not touched my settings.  This is so annoying as I think txt has not been received by my friends so I send it about six times until they ring me and say why do you keep sending the same txt 🤦‍♀️  Can anyone help pls 🤞

14 REPLIES 14

redpages
17: Community Champion

This link might help. It shows you how to make sure your sound notifications are switched on

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Yeah same here , followed the you tube advice

Cant open the attached link

Any other help??

Thanks

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Vodaian  and @lindylou01 

I don't believe there is a sound the phone will make when a text message is sent.

Well I've never had one on my Samsung Phone's. 

Only when a text is received.

Maybe a software update has removed this on your phone - I'm not sure.

eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Message-sent-notification-sound. 

Settings. 

App.

Messages.

Notifications.

New Messages. 

Shows the options available.

This link is for Vodafone's Device Guide 》deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-a8-2018-android-7-1. 

Please see my signature for the Samsung I'm using and it's current software.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Thank u for yr answer but I have always had Samsung and there is a delivery report notification you can turn on or off.  Mine is on but Im not getting notification but froends tell me they have received the txtx 💁‍♀️

BandOfBrothers

Ah sorry it's the delivery reports your referring to which is usually driven by the Network not a sound.

I assumed you meant a sound when you said "the notification sound has just stopped "

My bad :Winking_smiley:

I've come across where this has been hit and miss for people in regards to Delivery Reports. 

On my phone it's in.....

Settings .

Apps.

Messages. 

Settings Cog Wheel.

More Settings.

Text messages.

Toggle on Show When delivered.

Try toggling it off and on.

Because a delivery report does not come back this does not necessarily mean it hasn't been delivered. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

BandofBrothers, thanks for reply,

Now, when I receive a text, I get a ping and a small pop up notification, which is great and what I want.

Now when I send a text there is no sound and not notification pop up to say its been sent.

Previous, maybe a week or so ago, I would have immediately got a pop up and ping notification to confirm its been sent.

Ive been into settings for 'text' and toggled button on/off several times, still no pop to say its been sent.

It's just a little frustrating when you're used to it, and it's stopped and can't see why.

Are you suggesting this may be a Vodafone issue and nor Samsung, im using a S8.

Thanks for yr reply.  U seem to be experiencing the same issues as me.  It is just so frustrating as you do not know if the person has received the txt u sent.  When I look at the status of the messages, it says delivery report requested.

I had an online chat with Voda, which was a waste of time lol

Whose fault is it - I have no idea but I want delivery reorts back.  😩

I have the A8 2018 which is perfect in every other respect.

BandOfBrothers

A similar thread elsewhere forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/vodafone-text-message-delivery-reports. 

Current Phone  >

Just found out, the delivery report for text messages has returned ???

Happy days