Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

'Touch to return call' banner

Jodie52
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The 'touch to return your call ' banner has started to show up on my screen during the last few days. Since it appeared, my screen flashes during calls and eventually the call drops out. Can anyone help with this?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jodie52 

Can I ask if you've taken a look in your phones call settings preferences or the phone apps preference settings ?

Possibly going into something similar to Settings_Apps_Phone_Storage_Clear Data / Cookies may help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

yes. I've tried settings but can't find anything amiss. 

BandOfBrothers

Have any updates competed recently ?

Can you try downloading a different phone app to try ? @Jodie52 

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

I've tried a soft reboot which clears the problem until the next call....and then is starts all over again .  🤔 I'm unsure about any updates. 

BandOfBrothers

OK @Jodie52 

Have you tried to see if another phone app is available in the Playstore in the interim.

A soft reboot is good to refresh things.

A Factory Reset just takes the phone back to the last successful Os firmware update.

It does not roll back app versions.

Current Phone  >

I'll try to find another phone app and see if that helps. Thank you

AnnS

Hi @Jodie52 

You don't mention the phone you are using.

If this has only just happened a few days ago, this sounds very much like a software bug, or phone fault, try a factory reset of the phone should sort this out for you. This can be done by going to about phone, reset phone, it will take a some time to go through the process, so don't rush the reset.

If there are continued problems,  it would be beneficial to have the phone looked at by a Repair Centre, or if you purchased direct from Vodafone at a local store. Understandably, until the country is out of lockdown and services start to come back this won't be possible.

Thank you. I'll try it. 😀