Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone AppBox app query...PLS HELP!

angel76ph
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there.

I've recently bought a used Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G phone for a third-party reseller.

I was told that he got the phone from Vodafone as unlocked and has never used it since as it was a secondary/emergency device.

When i was setting up the phone at home i noticed a welcome splash screen from Vodafone and this Vodafone App Box which was pre-installed.

I'm very picky with the phones i'm buying and disliked any network bloat. So, I wanted to ask:

1. Can I uninstall or disable the Vodafone App Box app from the phone?

If No...is there a way to totally remove it from the phone?

If Yes - can i also remove the Vodafone splash screen?

2. Is there a way to de-bloat the phone without going to a shop and instead using a PC or third-party app?

3. Would there be any issue that the phone would be sending back my info to Vodafone? 

Please kindly advice. Cheers. 

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

This is part of the phone set up procedure and a list of recommended applications,  if you don't want them just turn them off.  See here https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Phones-devices/Device-help/1850774192/What-is-Appbox-and-how-do-I-use...

Follow the prompts to complete the set up and the splash screen will stop.

Thank you for the response. But that didn't actually helped.

When you go to Apps > Vodafone AppBox - there is no such thing as "Deactivate" or "Personal Date" amongst the choices under the app.

All i can see is clear cache and clear date and disable. I am still not able to completely delete it.

Any other suggestions?

AnnS

Yes you can.  Go to battery on the App, you can disable from there.

It would appear I can disable the app. But I still can't uninstall it.

And how about the welcome splash screen when you first set up the phone? How can i get rid of that?

Hi @gino76ph Looking into the Privacy Policy for Vodafone App Box, it's stated that you may submit deletion and access requests through the following process: Go to Settings -> Apps -> Application List -> [Vodafone Appbox] -> Personal Data. I hope this helps. The privacy policy can be accessed here

Hi Lucy_F. As I stated in my earlier response i could not find the "Personal Data". That is not available in the Samsung phone i'm currently using. And i'm not with Vodafone. I am with Three.

Any advice please?