Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Speakers not working after using headphones

Marquitos
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, recently I have noticed that speakers dont work after using headphones to listen radio. I call people with the phone but they dont hear me; the problem dissapear everytime I restart the mobile but comes back again after I listen radio.

Today I found out that the problem also affects the alarm sound as I missed the alarm this morning; Does anybody knows how to fix this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

My first thought is that the jack socket isn't reconnected properly.   Can you blow it out with an air duster as debris may have got in and is blocking the contacts?   The fact that it takes a restart to cure it is odd and does rather suggest that it isn't a mechanical issue, but let's at least try that first.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Marquitos

Are you properly closing down the App before removing the headphones. 

There was a similar issue with iPhone's where if the headphone jack is pulled out while the App was still running the phone remained in headphone mode. 

The remedy was to re insert the headphone jack in and out a few times. 

If you cannot remedy the issue then a Vodafone High street Store can send the phone away under its 24 months manufacturing warranty as long as there is no sign of external damage and none of the water sensors have been tripped.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

That would certainly explain how it could be a software issue, @BandOfBrothers.   I always assumed that headphones use a switching jack socket, but perhaps they don't.   It would make sense to detect them in software as that would get rid of the mechanical switching element, which can be temperamental.