cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When will Google Pixel 5 be provisioned for WiFi calling?

DrDroid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I can't seem to activate WiFi calling on Pixel 5 and after taking a look in the *#*#INFO#*#* menu I can see that VO WiFi is showing as unprovisioned. I obviously went through the steps to enable it again on my account and received the text confirmation however no WiFi calling option is available in the Phone app settings as per usual.

After a very length support chat I finally got told that Vodafone don't support WiFi calling on Pixel 5.

Any information out there confirming when it will be enabled?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's working for me now, I worked with technical support and they said they found a bug.

You'll need to disable WiFi calling in my Vodafone via the website or app. Wait until you get the text and then turn it back on again. Once the text comes through saying it's been turned on your phone will be provisioned correctly for WiFi calling.

Good luck.

View solution in original position

44 REPLIES 44

I will try again.

I did tried that already, whatever I do (enable+restart or disable+restart) I don't receive any confirmation text.

The only communication I receive without problem from Vodafone refers to invoices.

I tried it previously as well to no avail. It works for me now though, I even tried with a second Vodafone sim with success.

Confirmed - turning wifi calling off on the account, restarting the phone, turning wifi calling back on, restarting the phone did it for me. 

I did this before when I received the phone but perhaps VFs systems hadn't been updated at that point to account for the Pixel 5. 

So WiFi calling is working and when I go into aeroplane mode and turn WiFi on calls go via WiFi calling as expected. Is there a way to make your pixel prefer WiFi calling as default if available? 

My WiFi calling only kicks in when my signal is really poor or non existent. Wish it would favour WiFi calling for more reliable calls.

I'll talk with CS tomorrow, in my case no matter what I do, I never receive a confirmation message for turning off/on the option.

This worked for me exactly. Turned off in app. Got text in 5 minutes saying turn off phone. Restarted. Turned back on in app. Got second text saying turn off phone to enable wifi calling option. Restarted. Wifi calling toggle now appears in Phone settings - call settings. It's off by default - need to toggle on. No need to restart phone a third time. 

Thanks.

Got mine working with the switching off/on routine, just need to remember to turn flight mode on/off when getting home and leaving again!

It doesn't seem like a proper solution..

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Nightwish wrote:

It doesn't seem like a proper solution..

It's not. Vodafone can send the OTA update to provision it it's just most of their staff seem to not know how to do it.

After going around in circles with CA for 2 hours I gave up and this solution worked for me! Off in app, restart, on in app, restart!