Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why do my contacts get repeated?

Susan38
2: Seeker

My contacts are listed alphabetically, the names are preceded by a coloured dot with the letter for that group in it.  Somehow, some of the names show up again and again so that there might be two, three or four (so far) entries of the same name, with the coloured dot different for each one.  Why does it happen, how do I stop it?

4 REPLIES 4

adamg

I think that its because some of the contacts are duplicated on your SIM and on your phone; you should be able to go into the contact settings and select SIM contacts or phone contacts (or both - which is probably what it is shown as active); 

hrym
17: Community Champion

Your contacts being in more than one place would explain two entries, but not multiple ones.   If you go into the Contacts app and select Settings, there should be a "contacts to display" setting and you can make sure only one location is turned on.

If your contacts are sync'd with an email service (eg Google), log into that on its website and have a look at your contacts there.   If the duplication is there as well, just delete the entries you don't want and all should be fine.

Hi.I have same problem.I did a hard reset of my phone and put all contacts in again manually. Vodafone have a call and message plus app built in to phone,as soon as that option was enabled after reset and option was given if i wanted to use it i pressed yes and guess what? All numbers tripled again. Not sim ones or any other answer on this forum.Its the call and message plus app.It started on my phone after most recent firmware update. Iwill have to reset again. You cannot uninstall app but can disable it in app settings.Im just going to use call app thats on device this time. Hope this helps. Also my texts sometimes never got recieved or i never got incoming ones at random,sometimes i would get them days later or not at all.Annoying!!!!!!!!!!

hrym

I'd suggest keeping your contacts in your Google account.   That way, they're stored online and you won't have to re-enter them if you reset your phone or get a new one - they'll simply appear when you log in.  Once you've got that set up, either delete the ones stored on the phone, so simply set them not to be displayed.