Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling

Greatdj123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all. When will voda update the list of Samsung devices that are compatible with the new phones, in particular the galaxy A7 2017 and 2018 models. I have wifi calling activated on my account and in settings on my phone, plus i recieved a text to confirm this but when I get a low signal on my phone the wifi calling logo fails to display. Bit confused on this. Any help at all please.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone wouldn't comment here on the forum about future business decisions so its best to keep checking their Calling Over Wifi official page to check the list of eligible phones. 

Some people actually find that their phones can use this feature before the list actually updates !

I hope yours is deemed compatible and is added soon @Greatdj123 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well I have the galaxy A7 2018 model and I have it set up with voda but still not working! Yet they say it's compatible, god knows.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Greatdj123, i've had a look at the current information and the Galaxy A7 doesn't appear to be a supported handset at the moment. We're constantly adding devices to the list so updates do appear on our website.

These are the Wi-Fi calling supported Samsung handsets currently:

• Samsung – Galaxy A3 (2016 and 2017), A5 (2016 and 2017), J3 (2017), J5 (2016 and 2017), Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge plus, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 plus, A8, XCover 4, Galaxy Note 9, S9, S9 , S6 Edge Plus, A6, J6

Blair

Well it's Feb 2021 and mine still isn't on the list of approved handsets. There's a wi-fi calling app on the phone but it wont connect.

hrym

Vodafone wifi calling works with the operating system so, if you have an approved device, it'll be in the Network settings and probably turn on automatically.   Is this a Samsung app? - I'm not familiar with the brand, so don't know if they install one, though I'd be slightly surprised if they did.