Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz

Aitinja
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello !

Few days ago i started to have issues with internet. 

Basically, nearly most of the time, whenever i wake up , or just turn on the laptop i notice that 2.4 Ghz internet connection is not working , and can't connect to it (tried on more than one device) , the only option is to either restart the router or turn off the 2,4 Ghz and turn it back on. I must add that I have no problem to connect to 5Ghz connection any time.

The problem wouldn't be that bad but my other half has an old laptop which doesn't support the 5Ghz connection.  

+ Sometimes the 2.4 Ghz connection dissapears on my girlfriends laptop and the only way to get it back is to restart the laptop.  Not sure if this is related to the first problem...

Both of the SSID's are split. 

13 REPLIES 13

I have sympathy with that view but as cost is a prime consideration .................., do not the beloved BT (also EE & Plusnet as divisions of BT) still use Huawei routers albeit different models to VF.

I refer you to my previous comment.

machare
13: Advanced Member

Has the OP investigated as to whether there are any competing Wifi networks?

Free software such as Acrylic Wifi for windows will show what else there is and the strength.

Wifi checker would definitely show if there's serious overlap and can repel some of the VF support questions